Top Six Points Haul | Page 2 | Vital Football

Top Six Points Haul

80deg16minW - 23/1/2018 14:30

We won 13 out of 14 at the end of last season.

No pressure games really though, if it would have been to win the league we would have bottled it, we all know it lol Biggest game of the season was the Chelsea game in the FA Cup and we lost it.

I'm hoping and praying we can finally get over the line in the big cup games (or even league games when it matters) but there's nothing to suggest it's gonna happen unfortunately.

We will lose in the FA Cup when we come up against either City, Utd, Chelsea or Liverpool, we will lose against Juve in the CL and we will finish 4th or 5th in the league. Same ol' now, 5 years ago 4th was amazing, now we need to win something otherwise we're just another arsenal...without the FA Cup wins.

Manure at Wembley...Sanchez will be FIRED up
Liverpud.....at Anfield .a wounded animal ..whole team wil be FIRED up after Swansea and want to emulate the recent Man ****ty performance
Arse at Wembley ...Meatacharcoalian and Abomgliongangeman (maybe) will be FIRED up

And us our new signings will be also fired up...ooooopps wont be any!

We will lose 2 and draw one if we are lucky....

...and that's optimistic...

top4 ...we are avin a laugh...

Yep...I am not gonna believe we can win these games and get disappointed yet again...many years of 'spursy' under my belt mate....anything more than one draw upwards will be good given our track record against these teams.

To be fair it doesn't look all that good for us going forward, especially if you were a betting man.

I do think we will see the character of our team over the next three games. Are they up for it or not? CL is on the table basically along with all the glory that brings. Are we truly a team on the rise...?

Lots of questions will be answered.

The Manc clubs and possibly Liverpool have more spending power for the moment. Conte has admitted the chavs can't compete money wise anymore with Abramovic being more prudent now. The arse are the arse. So it seems rather than throwing money at titles we will have to be patient and carry on punching above our weight.

I hope the bubble bursts and something is done both on the cost of signing and wages of top players, it's crazy and means effectively we have a two team PL with the others only targeting 3rd and 4th.

Maybe paying a top manager very high wages to get the best out of good but not so expensive players is the answer. Plus the coaching team to bring on youngsters .

Nick Real Deal - 24/1/2018 16:05

The Manc clubs and possibly Liverpool have more spending power for the moment. Conte has admitted the chavs can't compete money wise anymore with Abramovic being more prudent now. The arse are the arse. So it seems rather than throwing money at titles we will have to be patient and carry on punching above our weight.

I hope the bubble bursts and something is done both on the cost of signing and wages of top players, it's crazy and means effectively we have a two team PL with the others only targeting 3rd and 4th.

Maybe paying a top manager very high wages to get the best out of good but not so expensive players is the answer. Plus the coaching team to bring on youngsters .

4 of the top 5 leagues in the world are all but over title wise . City, munich, PSG and barca have all won their leagues by xmas. Doesnt make for good reading. League titles wrapped up by xmas is pretty embarrassing.

Taricco the yid - 24/1/2018 18:24

4 of the top 5 leagues in the world are all but over title wise . City, munich, PSG and barca have all won their leagues by xmas. Doesnt make for good reading. League titles wrapped up by xmas is pretty embarrassing.

Yeah they all have one thing in common - They can all outspend everyone.

USAFSPURS - 24/1/2018 18:31

Taricco the yid - 24/1/2018 18:24

Yeah they all have one thing in common - They can all outspend everyone.

Exactly. The powers that be say they want football to be more competitive but those clubs are forcing others to spend **** loads to catch up and we can't. Only madrid and utd would be able to compete.

ScottDaYid - 24/1/2018 09:22

No pressure games really though, if it would have been to win the league we would have bottled it, we all know it lol Biggest game of the season was the Chelsea game in the FA Cup and we lost it.

I'm hoping and praying we can finally get over the line in the big cup games (or even league games when it matters) but there's nothing to suggest it's gonna happen unfortunately.

We will lose in the FA Cup when we come up against either City, Utd, Chelsea or Liverpool, we will lose against Juve in the CL and we will finish 4th or 5th in the league. Same ol' now, 5 years ago 4th was amazing, now we need to win something otherwise we're just another arsenal...without the FA Cup wins.
Yes because we have a loser of a manager

Patient and punching above our weight? We have been more than patient and we are not punching above our weight ability wise. We have some of the best players in the league. So in terms of ability we are not punching above our weight. If anything we are underachieving.

Not one spurs fan with a brain is expecting us to compete with the Manchester clubs financially so can people stop using them as the bench mark. The ambitious fans who want trophies do however expect some ambition on transfers and not crap punts like Sissoko, Nkou and players that don't fit the system like Llorente.

I'm happy with us signing young talent like Sess and Richarlison. Then some clever signings who are more experienced players that we can get like Doucoure Ward Prowse.

With nothing really to play for.

The one game that had something real on it was the cup semi.

We bottled it

Real Deal - 25/1/2018 08:07

Patient and punching above our weight? We have been more than patient and we are not punching above our weight ability wise. We have some of the best players in the league. So in terms of ability we are not punching above our weight. If anything we are underachieving.

Not one spurs fan with a brain is expecting us to compete with the Manchester clubs financially so can people stop using them as the bench mark. The ambitious fans who want trophies do however expect some ambition on transfers and not crap punts like Sissoko, Nkou and players that don't fit the system like Llorente.

I'm happy with us signing young talent like Sess and Richarlison. Then some clever signings who are more experienced players that we can get like Doucoure Ward Prowse.

Patient until new stadium brings in more revenue for better players and squad quality.

Depth. Depth. Depth. Depth. Depth.

Two first 11s.

If we had had depth 3 years ago, Harry Kane may not have been given the time to work out of his slump. Kane needs to constantly playing to be his best. Sio there are pros and cons.

Estimated revenues and salaries required to field two first 11s

5 players at £150,000 per week = £39,000,000 per yr
17 players at £100,000 per week = £88,400,000 per yr
3 players at £40,000 per week = £6,240,000 per yr

Coaching staff and management = £30,000,000 per yr

Academy players = £20,000,000

Total salaries: £183,640,000

Applying the 55% rule to football related salaries that appears to be in force at Spurs our GROSS revenues would need to be:

£333,900,000 per year.

Projected revenue is conservatively forecast at 350 mil in first year of new stadium. However the stadium costs doubled from 400 mil to 800 so a 400 mil loan is thought to have been agreed over 4 or 5 years. This loan it is thought will be aggressively paid off in the first 2 years which could mean little money for new players.

The naming rights for the stadium are crucial. Estimates upwards of 150 mil are suggested. I think City get 400 mil.

For what we spend on wages we are punching above our weight position wise in the PL. 6th highest wages, 3rd position so 148 mil prize money.

The patience is waiting for the loan pay off and revenues to come in so that we can start mixing it big.

Nick Real Deal - 25/1/2018 14:42

Real Deal - 25/1/2018 08:07

Patient until new stadium brings in more revenue for better players and squad quality.

Our best players are not going to keep waiting. That shouldn't even be an option.

I wonder if Daniel Levy belongs to a Chairmans Forum where they discuss their fans mortgages and wages , dreams and worries.
The figures being discussed here are of course really important and relate to all our hopes of being a consistent top four side but they are just mind blowing.
I would hate to have that responsibility . I know we all moan about him on various levels but it's not a job I would aspire to