Top of the terrace | Vital Football

Top of the terrace

Forever yellow76

Vital 1st Team Regular
Hi guys, am planning to purchase the ‘celebration’ package for me and my father in law to see norwich vrs CFC for my belated birthday, the match view will be behind glass from the ‘top of the terrace’.

Just wondering if any of you have had this match experience before?! Some of the food reviews are mixed for the TOTT, but this package includes 3 course meal in Delia’s, is this any good?

Appreciate any info before I shell out in the morning!?

I've eaten in Delia's a couple of times. The food was OK but I have had better. Both times there was a lot of hierarchy; certain people given preferential treatment, which rather spoiled the occasion.

I wouldn't book it for something special.

Hi mate, I’ve eaten in Delia’s last season (Bolton game on a freebie) and it was pretty decent. Delia’s is in the River End and I think I’m right in saying that TOTT is in the Barclay.
Having said it was decent, I did eat there once with Mrs T, on her birthday, and the service was shocking.
That was a few years back though and service was fine this time.
Nice to eat and then stroll round to your seat. For a treat it’s nice but I wouldn’t want to do it every week.
You should be fine.

Thank you Tuckster for that. Yes the package does state TOTT is in Barclay end but I didnt know where Delias was until you just pointed it out. Think ill give it a bash and book it tomorrow morning, would of preferred a seat in the ground I think rather than behind the glass as it will be less atmospheric i think in the TOTT. Will be good to get in the players lounge and get a stadium tour though.

Thanks for the info guys.

Forever Yellow. My cousin recently had a hospitality package for his 70th birthday at QPR home match and he spoke very positively about it. His little grandson, just 11 months old, was made very welcome and they had a great day including a meal ( at some ridiculous hour due to early KO) plus a tour of ground. Afterwards they had their photo taken with Super Mario, He sent me the photo and I was very jealous!

I was bought a hospitality package for my 50th, sadly well over 8 years ago now. Although the pre match experiences and meal were good ( meal in Gunn club), the club messed it up big time and failed to deliver the match day tickets in the front row of the Top of the Terrace behind glass. Some chap and his wife were celebrating his 30th birthday in my seats and I was very upset. My husband spent the whole of the first half trying to sort it out with staff and stewards, the latter who were extremely rude. Many things weren’t right ...I should have had my photo taken with Wes but he was dragged off for a random drug test. Korey Smith was his substitute. No disrespect to him but I don’t think he was even named on the bench that day

Grant Holt saved the day with a last minute winner ( V Reading Feb 2011).

Our pre payment for this special occasion was never processed so I think some admin person made a massive c*ck up hence no match ticket.

Hopefully the club’s hospitality has improved since then. I would like to do it properly in 18 months time for my 60th if my family take the hint. Not everybody’s cup or tea but sometimes you have to do something a bit different. If you go for it, please let me know how you get on.

For my 60 th.
Down the pub , late walk to ground and a win over Bristol.
Same as always and would not dream of doing a hospitality
package. Seems it is like watching the tv.
Maybe I am just a traditional fan.

I understand why folk book up a package and I hope you have a fabulous day 76 ! They are not for me and I would never do it . My idea of football is standing on the terraces shouting your head off . My grounding in football is standing in the (then) open ends at places like Oldham and Barnsley , and cheering the boys at freezing places like Grimsby , Huddersfield , Rotherham and Stockport County . Give me a good old Northern away day any time .... far away from photos and sit down meals behind glass

For my 60 th.
Down the pub , late walk to ground and a win over Bristol.
Same as always and would not dream of doing a hospitality
package. Seems it is like watching the tv.
Maybe I am just a traditional fan.

Each to their own. I would also describe myself as a traditional fan. As you know DG and YB, the pre pub match meet up has always been an important part of my match day experience ( some seasons it has been the best part of the day) but every now and then us ladies love to be spoilt! I have ‘roughed’ it on many occasions, sometimes on my own, so one match a bit out of the ordinary won’t turn me into a corporate “fan”.

76. I hope you get sorted out for Chelsea game and enjoy it.
Sminky. A treat for a special day would be good for you. I understand.

My treats are normally non football.
For example for our imminent 30 th wedding anniversary ( during season )
we have booked for a trip to Arles via Marseille to see Atelier des Lumières,
luckily !!!! monday to friday so I can dash back to see a London away game the next day.

My 75th will be on a Picardy campsite eating a nice meal and consuming more wine than is good for me.

My comments re Delias referred to some time ago but people who have been there more recently also have said ok but nothing special.

Forever Yellow. My cousin recently had a hospitality package for his 70th birthday at QPR home match and he spoke very positively about it. His little grandson, just 11 months old, was made very welcome and they had a great day including a meal ( at some ridiculous hour due to early KO) plus a tour of ground. Afterwards they had their photo taken with Super Mario, He sent me the photo and I was very jealous!

I was bought a hospitality package for my 50th, sadly well over 8 years ago now. Although the pre match experiences and meal were good ( meal in Gunn club), the club messed it up big time and failed to deliver the match day tickets in the front row of the Top of the Terrace behind glass. Some chap and his wife were celebrating his 30th birthday in my seats and I was very upset. My husband spent the whole of the first half trying to sort it out with staff and stewards, the latter who were extremely rude. Many things weren’t right ...I should have had my photo taken with Wes but he was dragged off for a random drug test. Korey Smith was his substitute. No disrespect to him but I don’t think he was even named on the bench that day

Grant Holt saved the day with a last minute winner ( V Reading Feb 2011).

Our pre payment for this special occasion was never processed so I think some admin person made a massive c*ck up hence no match ticket.

Hopefully the club’s hospitality has improved since then. I would like to do it properly in 18 months time for my 60th if my family take the hint. Not everybody’s cup or tea but sometimes you have to do something a bit different. If you go for it, please let me know how you get on.
Thanks for this Sminky. From the reviews it sounds like its either very good or very poor. That sounds a horrific experience you had, the club should of sorted you both out something for another match after that?! Yes having a photo with Wes or Korey isn't quite the same is it!!

My 75th will be on a Picardy campsite eating a nice meal and consuming more wine than is good for me.

My comments re Delias referred to some time ago but people who have been there more recently also have said ok but nothing special.
Have great Rex, sounds good to me!!
Yes very mixed reviews on the hospitality in general on trip advisor ?‍♂️

Well after exactly a one hour wait in the phone, i finally got through! I could of booked celebration package online (£600) but i liked the look of the ‘fan of the day’ package as not only cheaper (£349 for cfc game) but you get a signed shirt and franed photo with a 1st teamer (better not be lord nelson if hes still there!) and a stadium tour etc plus meal in Gunn club, seems much better VCM than the celebration package to me. As per most of thr norwich website at times, the fan of the day package made no mention to getting 2 match tickets on the day so hence why i phoned up, but actually you do get 2 match tickets in the ground which will be better than behind glass in TOTT imo. So im all booked for the CFC game.

After putting the phone down, i though it was such great value that i thought id go back and buy the same package for the Nan city game but it had gone sadly, so I bought the Arsenal package which is only a few wks after my 4yo sons next birthday so ill take him up for the day from London and make it all about him, he loves everything Norwich FC.

If you havent seen these fan of the day package’s take a look, think you will agree they look very good VFM to two people and you actually get quite a lot for it.

I think ive earned it for my trip away to Millwall on my own last season where i had to share a train home packed with ‘the wall’ supporters plus a disgraceful 30 minute queuing time just to get a coke at half time! ?

Cheers to everyone that replied with bits of info?

Thanks for this Sminky. From the reviews it sounds like its either very good or very poor. That sounds a horrific experience you had, the club should of sorted you both out something for another match after that?! Yes having a photo with Wes or Korey isn't quite the same is it!!

My husband booked it all over the phone a few weeks before. The club said they would contact me on my return home after the match, but they never did. In the meantime I checked our credit card bill and the payment never went through. I reckon they checked their records and realised somebody was going to get into massive trouble for the error. As we had never paid a penny, I could hardly complain and ask for a refund!! I wouldn't have put it past them the club to ask me to pay for the package minus the match tickets!

My husband booked it all over the phone a few weeks before. The club said they would contact me on my return home after the match, but they never did. In the meantime I checked our credit card bill and the payment never went through. I reckon they checked their records and realised somebody was going to get into massive trouble for the error. As we had never paid a penny, I could hardly complain and ask for a refund!! I wouldn't have put it past them the club to ask me to pay for the package minus the match tickets!
Sounds like the whole thing from start to finish was a nightmare! At least it cost you nothing eh!