Top Gear aimed at people with mental age of 9, says producer | Page 2 | Vital Football

Top Gear aimed at people with mental age of 9, says producer

:1:

I'm not sure who was childish in the supermarket drive test, me or the eldest.

She also liked the Nova trick and without meaning to I may have given her the impression all cars from the 1990's worked like that lol

Arrr thats why i struggled adapting to the programme, my mental capacity is far too great to adjust itself for me to get it, damn i wish i was not so mental :139:

Il uv the programme, forgot it was on tbh

Ay wut yo on ourbout mate, are bay be havin this yam a cowbag sometimes our Mikey dude ;)

Thought it was great last night. It's obviously ridiculously staged but that didn't stop me pissin myself when Hammond ditched his Nova, and crossed the finish line in the supermarket on it's side.

I was laughing the most however when they got the huge magnet out, I just kept cracking up in anticipation as he approached it thinking of what was gonna happen... then he went straight under it.

The moustaches were great too.

That didn't take long PMSL

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/news/jeremy-clarkson-in-hot-water-again-after-fans-criticise-dangerous-doing-a-lap-of-your-own-car-top-gear-stunt-9107412.html

Top Gear producers are a bunch of retarded idiots, Fifth Gear needs to get better too.

Didn't think the last one was much good, just growing a bit tired maybe. Or might just have been a poor episode. Still will watch it, but started to flick through stuff more now.

Ha ha ha, pathetic! They were not Top Gear fans that complained, that's for sure, just pillocks!

The Fear - 5/2/2014 15:11

Didn't think the last one was much good, just growing a bit tired maybe. Or might just have been a poor episode. Still will watch it, but started to flick through stuff more now.

No it was pretty crap mate, it seems the producers have come out with this "for mental age of 9" bull crap just so they can make the show 100% scripted bull shit, the way they blew the cars up trying to fake that the presenters were in them made me bloody angry", this scripting crap is a kin to Lucas and Spielberg re-making their films into piles of dog shit.

Green Villan - 5/2/2014 16:17

No it was pretty crap mate, it seems the producers have come out with this "for mental age of 9" bull crap just so they can make the show 100% scripted bull shit, the way they blew the cars up trying to fake that the presenters were in them made me bloody angry", this scripting crap is a kin to Lucas and Spielberg re-making their films into piles of dog shit.

It's always been scripted. Yes, there is a lot of it off the cuff too, they don't script it word for word, after all, they are not actors, but the main "storyline" has always been scripted, even in the days of old format Top Gear, in fact especially in the days of old format Top Gear.

If it's not to your taste then don't watch it but there is no point in getting angry - you sound like one of those prats that complained.

Villan Of The North - 5/2/2014 15:21

Green Villan - 5/2/2014 16:17

It's always been scripted. Yes, there is a lot of it off the cuff too, they don't script it word for word, after all, they are not actors, but the main "storyline" has always been scripted, even in the days of old format Top Gear, in fact especially in the days of old format Top Gear.

If it's not to your taste then don't watch it but there is no point in getting angry - you sound like one of those prats that complained.

booo lol

Villan Of The North - 5/2/2014 15:25

You're complaining on here :14:

To be honest it's annoying, I shouldn't of put angry, I think a bit of scripting is OK but it seems to have just gotten silly nowadays.

I agree, sometimes it goes OTT but then on other occasions I think it's absolutely brilliant. Even when much is scripted there are some moments of genuine unplanned comedy gold, like the combine as a snow plough in Norway, much of it ridiculous but when May (I think it was May) dove into the snow only to plunge into pile of compressed snow, as hard as ice, I nearly wet myself. Tbat was most definitely a spontanious thing that back-fired.

My favourite episode is Bolivia, when Clarkson was sinking in the mud, again unscripted and one of the funniest things ever on TV. Then again, in the same episode, Hammond's car was so knackered that they clearly thought it was too dangerous for him to drive down the huge sand dune so they aranged for his car to conveniently have an "accident". For me it would have been better to just admit that they didn't dare rather than the bullshit accident. Then again some think it was a genuine accident, my wife being one of them.

I was going to bring up the Bolivia special, I absolutely love the specials, the scripting in that is very tolerable but like you said it's the unscripted stuff that makes the show what it is. Other great specials include the Vietnam and USA specials, I also liked the ones where they had to make their own boats.

I have some of the specials recorded on the planner, great telly some of those. But I think a lot of the studio and domestic stuff is so immature it's cringeworthy, as are clarksons interviews.

The episode on Sunday was in the cringeworthy category IMO.