Top at this stage of the season | Vital Football

Top at this stage of the season

Casperimp

Vital 1st Team Regular
Only twice in the last 15 years has the team that is at the top of the league at this stage of the season not gone up automatically and on both occasions that was Wycombe who were top after matchday 29 in both 05/06 and 14/15 but finished 6th and 4th respectively.

Additionally we have games in hand which makes our position even better. I would be more than disappointed if we don't go up in the top 3 considering where we are. In fact I still think it will be slightly disappointing if we don't win the title.

Personally I think The Cowleys are too thorough, disciplined and motivated to let it slip like Wycombe did!

one point more at this stage than luton - who were top at game 27 last season. luton added 30 points from the next 17 games to be promoted in game 44.

four points better than notts who were second after 27 games last season, we all know how they panned out.

Of course promotion is the main aim, but if I was a City player I'd want to look back on my career summary and see 'CHAMPION' not just 'promoted'. We've all seen how G.Taylor's 75/76 team is lionised - would be great to see the trophy being paraded around SB...