Top 4 and Where will we finish? | Page 6 | Vital Football

Top 4 and Where will we finish?

That's exactly my point, saying we can't get top 4 because our players aren't good enough is not the issue for me, getting them to play as a team is.

Leicester is indeed the intriguing one.

First season they haven't lost a key player in a while and they've added a few. They should be stronger, but will they be?

Both teams have the distraction of UEFA comps.

Whilst we had contrasting seasons, they only finished 4 points ahead of us.

Leicester is indeed the intriguing one.

First season they haven't lost a key player in a while and they've added a few. They should be stronger, but will they be?

Both teams have the distraction of UEFA comps.

Whilst we had contrasting seasons, they only finished 4 points ahead of us.

That last game of the season was odd. If we lost we would have finished joint 10th whilst only being a few points from 11th/12th.

We never looked like finishing higher than 7th from December onwards really.

That last game of the season was odd. If we lost we would have finished joint 10th whilst only being a few points from 11th/12th.

We never looked like finishing higher than 7th from December onwards really.

But we didn't lose it, we won. It's a 38 game season and the table doesn't lie.

That is why I always focus more on the points accumulation rather than the league position. We need to get north of 70 pts and see where it takes us.

This may sound sad to some of you, but my biggest hate! on here is when everyone starts bigging up our oppositions, if I wanted to know about other teams and players I would join their crap Vitals.

Someone said earlier no matter the players...its how they play as a team, cos football is a team game.

Well that's off me chest lol! COYS

This may sound sad to some of you, but my biggest hate! on here is when everyone starts bigging up our oppositions, if I wanted to know about other teams and players I would join their crap Vitals.

Someone said earlier no matter the players...its how they play as a team, cos football is a team game.

Well that's off me chest lol! COYS

That's head is sand, not considering our rivals. What other teams do matters.

But we didn't lose it, we won. It's a 38 game season and the table doesn't lie.

That is why I always focus more on the points accumulation rather than the league position. We need to get north of 70 pts and see where it takes us.
Yes and no. There's a lot more good teams now that are more than capable of picking up points from the top sides. It's a more competitive league now so 70pts is a different game to 70 points 5 or so years back for example.

Yes and no. There's a lot more good teams now that are more than capable of picking up points from the top sides. It's a more competitive league now so 70pts is a different game to 70 points 5 or so years back for example.

Yes, 70 points gets you a higher league finish in these last 2 years than the previous decade. It has been mostly 5th or 6th but in the last couple years you would have been guaranteed 3rd.

3rd (20/21)
3rd
5th
5th
6th
4th
5th
6th
6th
4th (11/12)

What we don't know is whether the league normalises back to what it was before. I don't think so as every week we seem to see a top 6 side drop points.

I still say that we've left at least 10 points out there for the last couple of seasons. Let's just get them back and see where it takes us.

Yes, 70 points gets you a higher league finish in these last 2 years than the previous decade. It has been mostly 5th or 6th but in the last couple years you would have been guaranteed 3rd.

3rd (20/21)
3rd
5th
5th
6th
4th
5th
6th
6th
4th (11/12)

What we don't know is whether the league normalises back to what it was before. I don't think so as every week we seem to see a top 6 side drop points.

I still say that we've left at least 10 points out there for the last couple of seasons. Let's just get them back and see where it takes us.
muttley your last lines are correct, how many points did we drop in the last 5mins from winning or points gained positions last season, 23 or 26, something like that.

We had our worst season in 5 years and only finished 7 points away from 3rd, after dropping 24 points from leading position.

Just cutting them in half would see us improve substantially.

I think overall we will do well against the big teams. The problem wil be how we fare against the rest. We lack creativity and quality from midfield. We've ground out wins against Wolves and Watford. Thankfully we have 2 killers in forward areas. If we can add threat and goals from a few more players it would be a big help

I still believe we'll finish 6th but there'll be the odd blip or two in there just like today. It's going to be a sharp learning curve for some of the boys.