Toon Drinkers | Vital Football

Toon Drinkers

RebelBee

Vital 1st Team Regular
Any fellow bees or NUFC fans got any suggestions for pre match drinkers? We roll in at 11am so looking to move about a bit & link up with other bees around town.

Cheers all

CB- will pm you in the week geez.

OK, Rebel. I hope that great fish n chip shop is still there in the alleyway between ground and station. Couple of Indians running it, biggest fish I've ever had. Gorgeous.

We drank in the pub by the ground, think it was The Strawberry or something. Very welcoming.

Thanks for the tips chaps.

Can't wait now, 2700 sold and more jumping on by the day, to have 3K up there is superb and continues to show how deep our support is relative to the size of the club. This will likely be the largest attendance that we've seen the Bees play in front of, assuming it goes over 50K - what a sight and something we want more of as the club grows.

It's an attractive away day and much more for us, the team and support will want to leave a good impression of the club on and off the pitch. If we give similar backing to the noise made at Villa Park the team will respond - let's get right behind them from the off and keep going to the last.

COYB

You've got about 170 bars in just under a square mile so you shouldn't go thirsty. Newcastle Arms on the corner of Chinatown close to the ground and Rosie's both popular bars. You won't get hassle anyway in the Toon if you behave - just the way it should be. Word of warning about the Newcastle Arms, the manager won't serve a half to a fella ( quite right in my opinion ) he'll pass you on to a barmaid. Seen this happen to a QPR fan once - hilarious !!
Crowd estimated at 51,000 so should be a good day

Won't serve halves to blokes? That's all I can do now, we only buy halves here as it gets too warm too quickly (not a problem anyone up north - including London lol has). Habit for me now. Would rather buy two halves than a pint. Somehow, I always seem to drink it quicker too like that........

What about the chippy??? That's the most important for me now....first day back after eighteen months without. Frothing at the mouth as we speak!

Ta for that Arnoe - decent of you & those Geordies that make the return trip won't struggle for a pint & a chat either. You even swerved the enjoy your day apart from the result closer we usually get. The day will be great & the game will sort itself out.

Double post so quick edit for the hell of it. Am travelling up to Newcastle in style.....getting really excited now. Only two more days of driving into the bloody mountains and I can set off on my adventure.....

Am leaving Collioure around three pm our time on Thursday and driving to Dieppe via Toulouse, Limoges, Orleans, Paris. Got the six am ferry to Newhaven which arrives at ten and then on to sunny Fareham. Fish n chips, bed and early meet on Saturday am for the drive up! Must be mad!

So after much debate it's early lager & mead with our cornflakes in the spooners by the station. We go from there & may venture out a bit - Jesmond still possible plus a few nr the ground. Been in shearers & the little China town before- also on the waterside - London Thames side prices. Nice town for a proper drinkie. Shared with real football people just like our lot. Hope the Bees can play well & we all show the geordies what a blinding club we are on & off. I'd have a point now tbf.