Tony Xia Thread | Page 56 | Vital Football

Tony Xia Thread

Something is going to happen but nobody has a Scooby what it will be. The last month has seen everyone guessing as to what's happening but still not knowing. As an aside can I take it that the mind blowing plans for the stadium and surrounding area are on the back burner for now ?.?

Something is going to happen but nobody has a Scooby what it will be. The last month has seen everyone guessing as to what's happening but still not knowing. As an aside can I take it that the mind blowing plans for the stadium and surrounding area are on the back burner for now ?.?

Did you honestly think that they would have ever happened.

Throughout the disasterous meltdown that began with our failure to gain promotion, I have tried to remain optimistic. It has however become apparent that the grand old lady that is Aston Villa has been used and abused by Dr X, the incompitent Chinese profiteer. What hurts most is that we, her loving children are being forced to stand by helplessly and watch.

We are now effectively a rudderless ship which has hit the rocks, expecting the captain to save it with a crew that may be forced to walk the plank any minute.

Had he been honest and made his intentions clear at the beginning of this debacle, Xia might of maintained some respect and trust. He must now understand that due to the clubs continued public humiliation and the total lack of communication regarding the surrounding events, his relationship with the people to whom the club really belongs, the fans, is beyond repair.

He cannot, as is apparently his wont, (even with investment secured through share sales) remain in control and expect to waltz back into Villa Park, tweeting away as if nothing has happened. How can he be trusted when he has allowed this humiliation to happen? He clearly never had the finances to maintain ownership under the circumstances which we find ourselves in.

He must accept his losses and sell as soon as possible. My biggest fear is that a buyer cannot be found and administration requires that our assests including property and players are sold. The worst case scenario that I thought could never happen.

Whatever happens, the only certainty is that the incredible support that this club inspires will ensure that the Phoenix will rise from the ashes.

The lesson we are reminded of is that football club owners, even with the best of intentions, are in it for their egos (if wealthy enough) and/or the profit. To be treated with caution and taken with a pinch of salt.

It will be interesting to see how hostile the Villa fans will be towards Xia at the pre-season friendlies, as this will be amplified tenfold when the Championship starts if things carry on as they have been doing.

How embarrassing for China country rich in history that one of their citizens should be responsible for destroying the home of football and one of the most historic clubs of all.

I feel like going in to administration would be a positive at the moment. At least we'd know! The not knowing anything is killing me. Although some would say I've made a career of it.

We can't have it both ways, Lerner was getting dogs abuse to sell. He sold.

Steve Hollis was brought in to get us back in shape to sell. He did his job.

Looks like Xia misled a good few people, including the FL and their fit and proper tests.

Not fashionable to be positive about Lerner because of the terrible end to his tenure, but he did spend a fortune on us. Xia hasn't. He did try and then things went horribly wrong (not excusing that at all) but at least he was willing to take a massive hit to get us sold to the next person to try to resurrect us.

How embarrassing for China country rich in history that one of their citizens should be responsible for destroying the home of football and one of the most historic clubs of all.

I shouldn't think China give a flying fcuk about it to be honest. It might occupy a huge place in our time but this won't even register in a country of 1.3 billion people. They might just have other things to occupy them.

Personally I think the writing was on the wall with regards to Recons finances with the way the Millenium Films deal collapsed. It seemed after the inital $20m deposit they were simply unable to come up with the balance that was due and tried a multitude of excuses to prolong the inevitable collapse of the deal. I wonder if the same will happen but with him prolonging the drop into admin for the club?

All Xia has done is used our future income to gamble the future of the club.
The footballing authorities need to close this loophole to stop it happening in the future and whoever passed Xia as fit and proper needs to be investigated.

Steve Bruce among others has stated that the plans for villa Park were mind blowing. We all still do not have a clue what over the last two years has really gone on leading up to where we are now. As many have afforded the manager the credit for turning around Aston villa in those two year I will reserve judgement on Dr xia because I don't know what he has or hasn't done.

Steve Bruce among others has stated that the plans for villa Park were mind blowing. We all still do not have a clue what over the last two years has really gone on leading up to where we are now. As many have afforded the manager the credit for turning around Aston villa in those two year I will reserve judgement on Dr xia because I don't know what he has or hasn't done.
Spent money he hasn't got (future incomes), planning to sell crown jewels, Grealish etc disappearing off the face of the earth, apart from some none committal statement, all have made us the laughing stock of any league, never mind the Championship. I think the man is an idiot, and I for one can't imagine welcoming to Villa Park next season.