Tony Xia Thread | Page 29 | Vital Football

Tony Xia Thread

If the Mirror report is correct about the wages players like Lansbury (to take just one example) £40,000 three years left, the club is being run by imbeciles. We’ve just continued to throw good money after bad.

That's the problem with the whole Bosman free transfer system. You save on transfer fee's but you have to pay extortionate wages instead.

How about Jedinak £50,000 per week and Bree £23,000 per week with three years left! One’ s best days are gone and the other’s pure potential. To quote a phrase at the end of the film Bridge on the River Kwai, “Madness, madness, madness...”.

As soon as McCormack hears there's no money and the club is talking with insolvency experts he'll finally prove to us that he can climb over a broken electric gate and get to the club on time. When he arrives he'll be second in the queue behind Micah Richards, who has camped out overnight, deeply concerned for his dough.

I think both Lansbury and Hourihane were in the last 6 months of their contract so we were able to get the relatively cheaply in terms of transfer fee, around 2m for each if I remember correctly. Problem is we offered both crazy wages. Hourihane was on less than 10k a week a Barnsley and here he's on 32k per week. Lansbury was widely mentioned as signing a 40k a week contract when he joined, probably wasn't on even half of that at Forest. All this reminds me of the famous story about Seth Johnstone signing for Leeds. Him and his agent go into the negotiations looking to get 16k a week at best and Risdale offers them 30 straight out the gate before finally settling on 37k.

As soon as McCormack hears there's no money and the club is talking with insolvency experts he'll finally prove to us that he can climb over a broken electric gate and get to the club on time. When he arrives he'll be second in the queue behind Micah Richards, who has camped out overnight, deeply concerned for his dough.

nah they'll be fine - thank goodness
If we go into administration then the players payments are the first priority
obviously other lowly employees/suppliers can go swivel but Micah and Ross will be fine.
Hopefully first rat off the ship JT has also been fully taken care off - bless.

Oh yes and Bruce is very much part of this failed mission and plan and although his past supporter I would not be sorry to see him go as well. Why? He isn’t going to change and I don’t think I can take any more of his cautious, negative approach. Apart from some appalling buys that is.

But what are you going to do about the situation Dr .

I think the fans that backed the club in such large numbers last season (and previous) deserve an explanation of what exactly is going on and what steps are being taken to remedy the problems.