Tony Xia Thread | Page 9 | Vital Football

Tony Xia Thread

When the dust settles and we know exactly what the situation is on day one of the new season, I'll be interested to see what people would regard as a decent season.

It's the Daily Star which is one shit newspaper and apparently loves to stir to gain attention so I wouldn't take it seriously but then again with Dr Tone who knows!?

"And it is understood Xia is looking at his options with Villa going into the last year of their parachute payments, following their relegation from the top flight two years ago.
It is understood he values the club at £100m and is willing to listen to offers."

Article....... https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/f...lla-exclusive-Jack-Grealish-40m-transfer-news

Not much of an article really is it to me at 40 million he's pricing Jack out of a move no one would pay that for potential, potential he's not even on the fringes of the international team yet.

It's the Daily Star which is one shit newspaper and apparently loves to stir to gain attention so I wouldn't take it seriously but then again with Dr Tone who knows!?

"And it is understood Xia is looking at his options with Villa going into the last year of their parachute payments, following their relegation from the top flight two years ago.
It is understood he values the club at £100m and is willing to listen to offers."

Article....... https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/f...lla-exclusive-Jack-Grealish-40m-transfer-news

Wouldn't surprise me Recon Group is basically into investments and he thought he could get us back up quickly and have a premier league club on his portfolio. Now he's lumbered with a championship club in financial difficulty.

In 2017 The Chinese launched a crack down on overseas investment in all sorts of things including sports clubs. It scuppered Recon Groups attempts to by millennium films so it may also affect The Dr's ability to invest in Villa and get around the FFP crap. Whatever the case may be I am mightily suspicious of him and his Recon Group.

Confucious he say, If you spend your life waiting for shit to happen, eventually you will be proved right.

By the way, yesterday there was some bloke standing at the corner of my street with a sign that said " the end of the world is nigh".

We are all feeling disappointed and a little bit sorry for ourselves, personally I'm going to wait until something happens before I start getting angry and upset. At the moment, there's an awful lot of speculation going on. Let's see what happens.

Make of it what you will but apparently, Simon Jordan, ex-Crystal Palace owner was on TalkShite last night. I read (on another forum - Forgive me Fear!) that he said he knows some things so has to be careful what he says, however, he expects to see a change of ownership at the club.

He is a regular on TalkSport and often talks favorably about the Villa and appears to have a dislike for the noses so who knows?

Confucious he say, If you spend your life waiting for shit to happen, eventually you will be proved right.

By the way, yesterday there was some bloke standing at the corner of my street with a sign that said " the end of the world is nigh".

We are all feeling disappointed and a little bit sorry for ourselves, personally I'm going to wait until something happens before I start getting angry and upset. At the moment, there's an awful lot of speculation going on. Let's see what happens.

Yes I agree but I do like a good stir now and again:grinning:

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if we are up for sale again.

The Chinese are very impatient businessmen. The Wolves will find that out if they fail to achieve the targets set.

Unless Xia's finances are collapsing, I think he'll stay. Even from a business perspective; the potential for developing around Villa Park vastly exceeds anything lost by the club. Villa is asset-rich.

Dr Xias finances seem the same bunch of smoking mirrors they have always been. Teamax (quoted on Shenzhen stock exchange) price has collapsed. Trading was suspended earlier in the year as the main shareholder had a margin call problem. The website of Recon is beyond crap. They manage to not mention a single client. I don’t even know wtf they do. What is smart cities? Who pays them for what? In any case how much money has Xia put into Villa? People may think this is all irrelevant given ffp rules. However Recon sponsors Villa so it must have some relevance. For all we know if Villa were promoted he may have done a Blackpool and simply taken the cash. I simply don’t know but I know he took a gamble which failed and has also led us nowhere...the project is tits up and there is no plan b. Where are we with a “Villa” style of play? What about redevelopment plans or was it wind being blown up our asses? We really need to get beyond all this guff and know where we are.

Luke organ is top of his profession with a proven track record, Keith Wyness helped turn Everton around. We are building a sound financial structure within the club tha 2 years ago was a complete shambles. Aston villa has to be sustainable.

Dr Xias finances seem the same bunch of smoking mirrors they have always been. Teamax (quoted on Shenzhen stock exchange) price has collapsed. Trading was suspended earlier in the year as the main shareholder had a margin call problem. The website of Recon is beyond crap. They manage to not mention a single client. I don’t even know wtf they do. What is smart cities? Who pays them for what? In any case how much money has Xia put into Villa? People may think this is all irrelevant given ffp rules. However Recon sponsors Villa so it must have some relevance. For all we know if Villa were promoted he may have done a Blackpool and simply taken the cash. I simply don’t know but I know he took a gamble which failed and has also led us nowhere...the project is tits up and there is no plan b. Where are we with a “Villa” style of play? What about redevelopment plans or was it wind being blown up our asses? We really need to get beyond all this guff and know where we are.

It's a well put argument and is where my worries lie.

Or my 'worries' anyway. I don't spend much time stressing these days, I have no power and I can't control what comes, I just know I can be there watching come what may!

Luke organ is top of his profession with a proven track record, Keith Wyness helped turn Everton around. We are building a sound financial structure within the club tha 2 years ago was a complete shambles. Aston villa has to be sustainable.

There is a lot of outsourcing, same as at Everton. I was told - and I genuinely forget where now (the beauty of brain aches I'm afraid) - it took Everton a while to recover from all their outsourcing.

It might all end up the best thing ever, don't get me wrong, it's too early to judge all the goings on at the moment.

I'd have one eye open on all things personally, rather than blind faith.

Negativity has to stop now, only one week on but we need to make sure are 100% ready for next season, so many positive things happening at the club, new pitch investment, new kit Innovation, massive regeneration of ground and surrounding area planned, 1000,s season tickets bought early.

I like the positivity.

However...

The pitch was 11 years into a 10 year shelf life when Xia refused to change it. He waited until it fell apart last season. That's not forward planning, that's crisis management. This isn't something ground breaking, this is something overdue and necessary.

Re-generation. It's talked about, it was by Doug, it was by Randy. Where is the proof this is happening? As per the Xia thread and the post by HiFidelity, where is the proof of what Xia has done anywhere for smart cities etc. We also had the big talk under Doug and the Serpentine land and developments, but it is not high value land, it's not a high value area. Xia can talk about the surrounding area all he wants, he don't own it so how does he get in and re-generate and to what end?

No way will we get any re-generation of the ground (nor should it be really, as we rarely sell out) and again, it's been talked about since Doug's days.

A new kit innovation. It's a kit. It's not an innovation.

1000's of season tickets. Never in doubt, we are a loyal die hard breed!

Not trying to be negative, just putting the other side. Actually, I'll put this in the Xia thread I think mate.

Luke organ, Keith Wyness and the other chap who joined recently have openly talked about the mind blowing plans for the ground and surrounding area, again based on luke organs success with wasps and so on I don't doubt his credibility. If all three have been spun a yarn then we are fooked but I don't believe that and has been stated in the defence of Bruce we really were a car crash when we came down but it was many years in the making.