Tony Xia Thread | Page 99 | Vital Football

Tony Xia Thread

What puzzles me is that he rose to the top of list for potential buyers when there was a solid American buyer interested. Somebody fell for the talk.

There's a good chance he was just a front for others. Maybe they're getting their revenge.

What puzzles me is that he rose to the top of list for potential buyers when there was a solid American buyer interested. Somebody fell for the talk.

There's a good chance he was just a front for others. Maybe they're getting their revenge.

Always thought it was extremely odd that he managed to trick anyone. Learner appointed Steve Hollis to find a buyer and ends up with a bloke as obviously suspicious as Xia who nobody knew anything about.

Well Chris Samuelson was heavily involved and he's a well known crook. I was pointing this out on another forum when everyone was bizarrely getting excited about Xia. Didn't pass the sniff test with all of the dodgy characters involved and that's before even thinking about Xia and his dodgy as hell background. What a dark time for the club.

Think we were all so desperate to see the back of Lerner after the last few years of his ownership, that we were just happy to see anyone takeover regardless of where their money came from. One thing he did right was find our current owners, so although I think he was a bit of a charlatan he did right by us there.

Think we were all so desperate to see the back of Lerner after the last few years of his ownership, that we were just happy to see anyone takeover regardless of where their money came from. One thing he did right was find our current owners, so although I think he was a bit of a charlatan he did right by us there.
yes - I suppose you are right. He could have sold us to Oriental Rainbow Investments :lol:

Must admit that was my first thought over and above my thoughts on him.

He was a charlatan no doubt. However the Glaziers bought Man Utd by plunging it into debt and they virtually used the club itself to fund it? Dr Xia,s probable use of other peoples money was only slightly more dodgy. There is i expect a lot that goes on that would not stand up to fair scrutiny?

He was a charlatan no doubt. However the Glaziers bought Man Utd by plunging it into debt and they virtually used the club itself to fund it? Dr Xia,s probable use of other peoples money was only slightly more dodgy. There is i expect a lot that goes on that would not stand up to fair scrutiny?

I say this with my legal hat on. There was always something wrong with his interest and funding based on everything else we know about Recon and the claims that were quickly back tracked, given how grand they were yet nobody had heard of him.

So taking my Villa hat off...whether Chinese backed for influence etc etc, it seemingly wasn't a massive con that hit real people's wallets. I'd have no sympathy if the con hit OAPs and those on the breadline...for example.

But this wasn't that and I don't believe suppliers lost out (although some staff did in terms of jobs sadly but that was relegation based rather than Xia).

He clearly liked the kudos but by the same token from a 'kudos' perspective he did hock everything he could to keep the lights on (I still don't know why we own a house in Ward End).

There are some people in the world you want to see locked in a hole...Xia doesn't deserve that based on what I know. He does need a slap though.

Legal hat off.

Chancer ****.

And yes the Glazers used MU's worth as security for the loan as I don't believe it ever impacted on their personal wealth as debt repayments came out of MU dividends once they took control. I'm not sure how that is legal as by their model I should be able to buy a Ferrari, be given the money up front, and then service the debt by loaning it out to other people????

Who knows what his real intentions were, where his money came from or where it went when it all dried up

All I can say is how glad I am he is no longer involved with us in any capacity. We nearly ended in administration or even liquidation under his ownership who knows what else could have happened had he stayed any longer or had we got promoted in that play off. The fact he’s allegedly in jail shows we dodged a bullet with him and to come away unscathed really is a miracle