Tony Xia Thread | Page 88 | Vital Football

Tony Xia Thread

I’m no expert on this but can I assume “released from the charge” means that liens or loans no longer exist and that our owners have full ownership of said property?

Think it just means the new owners have taken over or paid the said charges in other words no longer Recons debt.

I'm totally bemused by the whole dr Tony Xia / Walter Mitty chapter in the life of avfc. Imagine we'd beat Fulham, he'd be here still wheelbarrowing tons of cash out the club back to the home land . Strange chap.

I'm totally bemused by the whole dr Tony Xia / Walter Mitty chapter in the life of avfc. Imagine we'd beat Fulham, he'd be here still wheelbarrowing tons of cash out the club back to the home land . Strange chap.

Yet he has gone out and managed to get two mega rich proper businessmen involved somehow. As you say, strange times .

Yeah probably. Although still can't get my head around them remotely being involved with him as they are now. Even however short it's likely (hopefully) to be.

I’m no expert on this but can I assume “released from the charge” means that liens or loans no longer exist and that our owners have full ownership of said property?
That's my assumption - I just can't chase down whether this was pre Doug - Doug - RL - Xia - I can't find corresponding 'charge/mortgages begin' information. It's information that they are being settled without an original piece of information.

I'm guessing the fact this isn't a major thing in the press, means they are struggling as well.

One at least went back to the 60's for example - so it could even be stuff that's long been settled but nobody (and I would this strange given RL's early efforts) just hasn't tied up on a paperwork front.

Think it just means the new owners have taken over or paid the said charges in other words no longer Recons debt.
As per previous response - I have to err on Xia side because it's on Recon's books, not other linked company accounts but again no original charge to lean on here for dates etc.

Whatever Sawiris is doing, he's sorting the paperwork ultimately.

Yeah probably. Although still can't get my head around them remotely being involved with him as they are now. Even however short it's likely (hopefully) to be.
All I say is, when was his name last in the press....the day they took over.

That speaks volumes.

And if the day couldn't get any better, it's now being reported that Dr Tony is now no longer a person holding 'significant control' at AVFC, now less than 25% by all accounts......Sawiris and Edens closing in on complete control......the good news just keeps on coming.....:wahey:

And if the day couldn't get any better, it's now being reported that Dr Tony is now no longer a person holding 'significant control' at AVFC, now less than 25% by all accounts......Sawiris and Edens closing in on complete control......the good news just keeps on coming.....:wahey:

Yep. What happens is that if part-owners put capital into the club, as Sawiris and Edens have, if other owners don't match that then their proportion of the shares decreases.

Be glad when it is officially zero percent. What a chancer.
I think we would have done a Sunderland without him, so with hindsight he did breathe fresh life into the football club (whatever his motives). He must have taken a hit in his back pocket as well (for which I have no sympathy).

He bought us cheap, injected a bit of cash, found the kitchen was too hot and luckily found us some serious owners (more by luck than judgement I guess). Very strange time in Villa's history, but soon it will be a footnote. Onwards and upwards with a sustainable model that will see us competing for trophies once again.

Think he was more a person overtaken by events than anything else. Although he gave the impression of having more money available outside of China than he actually did.