Tony Xia Thread | Page 45 | Vital Football

Tony Xia Thread

My guess: we're looking at two scenarios, both of which assume Tone is looking for investment and/or to sell the club:
(1) He's engaged in constructive talks with one or more parties. This will take time to get to the dotted line, as always. Hence the silence.
(2) He's attempted to get parties interested but has found no takers, as of yet. But he will continue trying. Hence the silence. Which will continue until either he succeeds or we cannot pay the bills and go into admin.

Either way, nervy times and there's nothing we can do about it. We won't hear anything until the good/bad news is well and truly settled.

There's a different scenario and that's that he manages to get his own money out of China. But that's looking pretty doubtful.

I do suppose though that the revolutionary plans for the stadium and area are on the backburner for a bit though ?

Everything is on hold technically.

I'm listening to a word Stan says, through principle.

But if seeking outside investors is proving tough the easy go to - even as a time bide - would be 49% fans - the seek further investment if needed on what's left after that. Problem is with silence and secrecy and I'd imagine a good number of fans would be cautious regardless now.

Getting money out of china is only a problem if its above £300m
Dr X cannot hide behind that excuse .
My view - he's a a Walter Mitty, a charlatan, a sheister and a fraud. When the going got tough he's gone MIA.

But it factors in what he's already taken out to be fair. I don't know the specifics but there is a cumulative effect in play over a period of time and don't forget potential spending looking at that Swedish club? His interest in Millenium films where at least £20m was laid down but the sale didn't go through etc etc.

I'm concerned about Xia, but I can't go as far as you as money has come in. It looks like, to some degree, he has been cut off at the knees. His money was, to some extent, put where his mouth was.

I have to acknowledge that even if some of it has been bluster and self adulation - but something has changed out of his control I think.

Think it alters if the Chinese authorities view his resources as personal wealth (lower limit) rather than company wealth. The other thing is that the Chinese authorities don't play by the rules; they make the rules. And can change them at will.

There is a thought about him being in China; is he allowed to leave? The bloke associated with Fosun disappeared out of sight for a year or so.

Yup, this is where I begin losing the will to live searching as I should be doing other things lol

And then you get tied into him not being reportedly linked with Recon any more anyway and all that guff....the day has been too long for this lol

No, that only gets you so far doesn't it. Even summer plan news is quiet, kits, friendlies I don't think we have our full set yet and so on.

Most clubs are in full build up or have released - we should be past the subtle hint stages really. Whether that's something else though or just a delay because of the arrangement being new for us?

With cash flow issues I'd have thought the club would want it out sharpish though as an extra source of revenue.

Most clubs are in full build up or have released - we should be past the subtle hint stages really. Whether that's something else though or just a delay because of the arrangement being new for us?

With cash flow issues I'd have thought the club would want it out sharpish though as an extra source of revenue.

Agree completely.

We always seem to be last out with new kits.

It was July 1 last year but I'd thought we'd have got a firm date unless I've just missed it which is always possible - this is me after all.

Yes it was late last year. I fail to see why is should be that date, some teams have their's out before the season ends.

You'd think it would be within 48 hours of fixtures to capitalise on the high of football returning.

Yup figures fluctuate because they don't really know any better than us. The only twist I've noticed has been a subtle move from minority investors to the greater likelihood of full sale, but that's an educated guess based on silence and lack of progress for me.