Tony Xia Thread | Page 36 | Vital Football

Tony Xia Thread

Good article about us in the Daily Mirror today.

Nothing new in it but it neatly puts the tradition of the club.

With respect to the many worthy clubs who have suffered financial trauma, this is Aston Villa we are talking about. An institution.
Never mind the Big Six, Aston Villa were part of the only Big Whatever that matters. The Big Twelve, the founding fathers of the Football League.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villas-reckless-pursuit-premier-12663802

Think it's rather over the top. The alleged £40m hole in our finances has now grown to £100m...

MF - the good thing is that just now and again the good ones come true. Sadly our great club had 3 nightmares too many and subsequently finished 4th instead of second and the flak is well and truly flying around now...... tbc.
Yup, get the feeling we're due some kind of break don't you - but then again plenty of other clubs fans would say the same in fairness.

Villa v Bournemouth 3rd division. Teams shared gate of over 50,000 ,takes two to play a game. Fair play chaps.
1982 top 6 want to keep home gates. If this is voted through teams have been promised in return there will be no new league. Herbert becomes first paid director and premier league formed in 1992 known as the greed league.

Now we have the top teams calling for more money in return for not breaking away. Sounds familiar.

Manchester Utd. v Bournemouth sort of where we started, Man U get 75,000 and Bournemouth 12,000 (approx guessing )
Fair play chaps

Still disappointed tony xia hasn't said what his intentions are is he selling? Has he got the funds to take us forward? Is he gonna sell all the crown jewells? Personally I don't think he has the cash and has just gone for broke with the parachute money!

Personally I think the fans deserve to be put in the picture from the club. You find out the true character of people in the dark times, not in the good, and so far the club seems to be run by the same type of shisters as before. We need and deserve honest accurate information.

There are some things we'll never know and I know that but the silence is stark at the moment given Xia's happiness to tweet like a 13 year old when things are going well.

We basically roughly know what RL lost and his heart was in the right place even if he couldn't deliver.

I still don't know what Xia has possibly lost other than something above his buy fee and parachute payments. Ellis was hated for being Mr Aston Villa. RL was hated for being silent....Xia was lauded for being Mr Twitter.

Ellis and RL were consistent. We're now flip flopping.

No Freund doesnt have any stake in NYCFC, but he did buy a USL (the league below MLS) team in Memphis. I believe (not positive so dont hang me if wrong) its just Hal Steinbrenner who has a stake in NYCFC.

Ive told him, you know given the success and widespread love across all Villa faithful of American marketer Tom Fox as past CEO, that he should make me CEO. So we will see how that goes.

As far as what Ive told him about you lot, well nothing really, I dont want to put him off of Villa and ruin my CEO promotion chances

Just to back up this info. NYCFC is owned 100% by the Man City people. I spent a good deal of time in the company of some folks at NYCFC when they first started - they were looking for a training base and the university where I worked was the front runner for a long time. It all fell through in the end due to local resident's complaints, but NYCFC never blinked at some ludicrous sums of money that were being thrown around for construction costs. It must be far easier to move money from UAE to USA than it is from China to UK!

New York City, Melbourne City - it's all under Man City's ownership. I wasn't aware that was a surprise?

Based on reports Freund is baseball but has an option for USL in Memphis with the aim of 'soccer' going MLS in the future there? Naff all to do with Man City.

Just to back up this info. NYCFC is owned 100% by the Man City people. I spent a good deal of time in the company of some folks at NYCFC when they first started - they were looking for a training base and the university where I worked was the front runner for a long time. It all fell through in the end due to local resident's complaints, but NYCFC never blinked at some ludicrous sums of money that were being thrown around for construction costs. It must be far easier to move money from UAE to USA than it is from China to UK!

Not quite. City own 80%. Steinbrenner owns 20%.

They don't do FFP in America. That helps as well!

Seen reports today that Villa still owe other clubs £30m in outstanding xfer fees from 2016/17 season.

Thats not a surprsie though, most clubs will be in the same situation as transfer fee's are generally paid in installments over the length of a players contract.

This would all be factored into the £4-£5million a month running costs that we're all aware of along with salaries etc..

Dr.Tone should go and knock on the door of Jim Ratcliffe. It's reported he made an offer for Chelsea but Abramovich turned him down.
This bloke is the richest man in Britain. Abramovich is worth 9.5 billion and Ratcliffe is reported to be worth 21 billion. His company is Ineos.
If this bloke wants a football club I know one he can have tomorrow.

Still disappointed tony xia hasn't said what his intentions are is he selling? Has he got the funds to take us forward? Is he gonna sell all the crown jewells? Personally I don't think he has the cash and has just gone for broke with the parachute money!

or simply can't get it out of China.

Said before in this thread, he had assured Wyness that he had enough finance outside of China.

meh it is all smoke and mirrors, not at all impressed and hope we can get (yet another) fresh start without all his bull and ridiculous tweets!

(Welcome to the forum btw)

Personally I think the fans deserve to be put in the picture from the club. You find out the true character of people in the dark times, not in the good, and so far the club seems to be run by the same type of shisters as before. We need and deserve honest accurate information.

Yes, agreed, all went wrong and he went hiding.

2 weeks later he came out with his pathetic tweet. Unlike me but I somewhat tore it apart. (and I do unlike me, I don't like to join in his circus on twitter)

151 likes and 18 retweets... BUT what shocks me, is the (nice guy) who then followed up saying how dare you talk to him like that. Loads liked that.

They are still sticking up for the fool who got us to the point of not being able to pay our bills. Just wow

Thanks The Fear , Time for the owner to sell up asap there is something very dodgy about him for sure anyone who has samualson fronting them is open to be scrutinised and many things just don't add up with his finance and manner

Dr.Tone should go and knock on the door of Jim Ratcliffe. It's reported he made an offer for Chelsea but Abramovich turned him down.
This bloke is the richest man in Britain. Abramovich is worth 9.5 billion and Ratcliffe is reported to be worth 21 billion. His company is Ineos.
If this bloke wants a football club I know one he can have tomorrow.

If only people knew what they could have if they get it right at our club.

Seen reports today that Villa still owe other clubs £30m in outstanding xfer fees from 2016/17 season.

Another bit of lazy journalism. £30m was what was owed on the players bought that season. This is a year later. A chunk of that will have been payed. Clubs still owe us for the players they bought from us. The net figure will look quite different. And what counts is what we owe and are owed on a per-season basis; this coming season, the season beyond, and so on.

Last edited:
Yes, agreed, all went wrong and he went hiding.

2 weeks later he came out with his pathetic tweet. Unlike me but I somewhat tore it apart. (and I do unlike me, I don't like to join in his circus on twitter)

151 likes and 18 retweets... BUT what shocks me, is the (nice guy) who then followed up saying how dare you talk to him like that. Loads liked that.

They are still sticking up for the fool who got us to the point of not being able to pay our bills. Just wow

Put me with the fools. I think his intentions were fine, and he's backed it by putting an awful lot of money into Villa. Last summer I thought the wrong calls were being made and said so, but I can understand why they went the way they did. If the Plan B which they talked about exists, then over the medium term we should be OK, even if it means pain. In the short term we have a cash flow problem. Sort that and we can concentrate on longer term issues.

I'm waiting to see what happens. It'll take time to get this sorted. I read that Bruce is back next week and will be told where things stand and what sort of budget he's got. At that point things will start to become clearer.

See I think it's a myth that Xia has poured money into villa . All he's done is spend the parachute money plus all the player sales money.
He bought the club on the cheap and still owes Lerner some of the money.