Tony Xia Thread | Page 31 | Vital Football

Tony Xia Thread

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/tony-xia-thread.2674/page-25#post-1453082

Part 1 completed; Part 2 ongoing. Expect lots of work on the financing side of things as well as clarity on the playing staff; this will include player disposals, asset deals, staff reductions and all sorts of cost plans to build a 'sustainable' way forward.

Xia might even have time to spend now on addressing the PR debacle of the last week. You never know ..

The decision on the manager will not be at the top of his 'To Do' list but it will rise there as the financial activity begins to clarify the picture going forward. At some point he'll be able to reveal what that picture is to Bruce and what it means for salaries, purchases, disposals and staff numbers.

Then Bruce will let him know whether he wants to stay or is not interested. Who knows which?

Nothing we say will change what Xia and his nominees do at the club during this stage, don't even think it will. So go on holiday, enjoy the World Cup and get in 'yer gardin'.

The only worthwhile project I'd throw my weight behind is to construct a realistic fan-based funding source and when solid and substantial approach the club to see on what basis this 'investment' could be introduced into the mix; a loan, an equity purchase, a structured hybrid depending on results and future capital injections etc. At least if it were around £10-12m it should get 'us' a seat on the Board ... Wouldn't THAT be interesting?[/QUOTE]
So you are expecting Xia to start acting in precisely the opposite fashion to the one he has employed at Villa so far?

Regarding the club statement I hope it was a public reassurance to any potential buyer or investor that the place is not about to collapse so come and get me. You can't go from being close to administration & FFP issues to everything's hunky dory again literally over-night so I don't think it holds any water from a football perspective.

Rumours of new Chinese consortium to arrive at Villa Park, these include,
  • Financial advisor: Sum Ting Wong
  • Sales of Land assets: No Pah King
  • Medical consultant: Ai Bang Mai Ni
  • WAGS advisor: Wai So Dim
  • Club Lawyer: So Su Mi
The group are collectively known as Wong Fook Ting Club
(have i gone too far)

If we are sold does that turn the clock back regarding ffp? Because we would have a new owner.

No pvb, sadly not on FFP, hence it is a tough sell for those wanting to come in and clear this mess.

Regarding the club statement I hope it was a public reassurance to any potential buyer or investor that the place is not about to collapse so come and get me. You can't go from being close to administration & FFP issues to everything's hunky dory again literally over-night so I don't think it holds any water from a football perspective.

I'm fine with the club statement, but like everyone out there would love more clarity on the situation/actual plan for moving forward.

That said, I don't necessarily buy this whole we were close to administration thing just because it was reported in the press. Maybe I'm an optimist, but I tend to think this entire situation has been blown out of proportion one "news" article at a time.

There is 100% cash flow issues and it caused late payment, that much I won't doubt. However, the 2m payment turned into 6m after a couple of "news" articles, then it turned into administration, then it turned into the club being on the verge of non-existence, and so on and so forth.

I can very much see this being a situation where Tony is trying to get his money out of China, he's been unable to at the moment due to the government crackdown, and he's trying to sell a minority stake in the club to solve the current cashflow issue while he works with the Chinese government to allow him to keep the club.

That scenario can plausibly explain the insiders saying the club is up for sale, the cashflow problems are leaving us broke, etc.

The Doc put all his beansprouts in 1 basket and now he hasn't got a clue what to do. His tweet may as well read.....

:shake:+16-10=:ooops:ABCD(:wack:)+-£$:eek!:+:downer:=27+:please::help::sorry::nopity:

That said, I don't necessarily buy this whole we were close to administration thing just because it was reported in the press. Maybe I'm an optimist, but I tend to think this entire situation has been blown out of proportion one "news" article at a time.

It hasn't been. Genuinely.

It seems to me that the Dr needs to sell up. I'm dubious of media reports of our imminent doom but what can't be denied is that Xia is having problems getting his money out of China to villa. In that case then we simply aren't safe under his ownership. Unless the Chinese government suddenly decides to relax their laws we will keep having this problem.

It seems to me that the Dr needs to sell up. I'm dubious of media reports of our imminent doom but what can't be denied is that Xia is having problems getting his money out of China to villa. In that case then we simply aren't safe under his ownership. Unless the Chinese government suddenly decides to relax their laws we will keep having this problem.

Is he having problems though JW some reports are saying it only applies to amounts over £300 mill. and this is a smokescreen. Personally do not no enough about China s rules and regs to doubt the Doc.

Been stacked at work so only just read the statement .

Fuck off Tony. Doesn't matter what you say you have screwed it. We are a laughing stock and a farce. You won't recover from this . So just sell up to the next crook to screw it up but at least we will all get delusional for another couple of years thinking the ongoing nightmare is ending.

And football can generally fuck off aswell. Sick of it and the farce it has become.

Right .
Back to work.

Laters

And football can generally fuck off aswell. Sick of it and the farce it has become.

Indeed. And news today that the top 6 don't have enough money already so are taking more for themselves:

The so-called “big six” Premier League clubs have won their persistent battle to be paid a greater share of the income from the league’s burgeoning international TV rights, which have for 26 years been shared equally between all the league’s clubs.

:shake:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...big-six-win-battle-overseas-television-rights

Been stacked at work so only just read the statement .

Fuck off Tony. Doesn't matter what you say you have screwed it. We are a laughing stock and a farce. You won't recover from this . So just sell up to the next crook to screw it up but at least we will all get delusional for another couple of years thinking the ongoing nightmare is ending.

Right .
Back to work.

Laters
Ffs get off the fence.