Tony Xia Thread | Page 30 | Vital Football

Tony Xia Thread

Great tweet Tony really tells us a lot about the fact that the club was about to go bust. Thanks for reassuring us all that you're not a grifter who has lied about everything from your age education and business career.

Aston Villa have confirmed their immedidate tax issues have been resolved - and that they have no plans to go into administration.
Villa announced the news in a statement on the club website as part of the fast-moving situation at Villa Park.
“Aston Villa Football Club can confirm that an agreement has been reached with HMRC and the club will continue to fulfil its obligations.
“The club can also announce that there are no insolvency practitioners or administration advisors working with the club.

“Owner and Chairman Dr Tony Xia would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank supporters during this difficult and unsettling time and reassure them plans are now being put in place to move the club forward.”
The news will come as a huge relief to supporters and shortly after Xia took to Twitter to post his latest thoughts on the current situation."

Full Article https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...ews/financial-news-every-aston-villa-14754812

At least if we can get through this season another clutch of higher earners should go. The one I really want to see go is Richards. Forget about "he's a good influence"; if he'd had a serious desire to play more football I think he'd have gone. McCormack I've some sympathy for because he never asked to be discarded and I think he wants to play.

I can't trust him ever again I'm afraid. The source of his wealth is not known in China and his companies make losses. He said on twitter once that Villa was "only 1 firm losing money" which was another lie. I find myself being tempted to like the bloke because he's a little tiny fruitcake comedy type of character but I can't let that non-threatening appearance fool me, the bloke's a wrong'un. I think next time we have a takeover I would prefer a Peter Coates type of owner rather than a big shot who wants to throw money at it and shoot for the stars. The club needs to be sensible for a while.

I refer the honourable gentlemen to my previous response;

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/tony-xia-thread.2674/page-25#post-1453082

Part 1 completed; Part 2 ongoing. Expect lots of work on the financing side of things as well as clarity on the playing staff; this will include player disposals, asset deals, staff reductions and all sorts of cost plans to build a 'sustainable' way forward.

Xia might even have time to spend now on addressing the PR debacle of the last week. You never know ..

The decision on the manager will not be at the top of his 'To Do' list but it will rise there as the financial activity begins to clarify the picture going forward. At some point he'll be able to reveal what that picture is to Bruce and what it means for salaries, purchases, disposals and staff numbers.

Then Bruce will let him know whether he wants to stay or is not interested. Who knows which?

Nothing we say will change what Xia and his nominees do at the club during this stage, don't even think it will. So go on holiday, enjoy the World Cup and get in 'yer gardin'.

The only worthwhile project I'd throw my weight behind is to construct a realistic fan-based funding source and when solid and substantial approach the club to see on what basis this 'investment' could be introduced into the mix; a loan, an equity purchase, a structured hybrid depending on results and future capital injections etc. At least if it were around £10-12m it should get 'us' a seat on the Board ... Wouldn't THAT be interesting?

OK, the club has problems. Probably solvable, if painful. What worries me is the toxic atmosphere which has arisen. Over the last season one of the standout things is the way the club has come together, including supporters. Better than for a long, long time.

I want that to continue. There are questions to be asked, and answers needed. Also, as fans at some point we need to know how things gotto this stage. But also I think we need to continue to support the club, and that in practice means cutting Xia some slack and giving him time to get things sorted. I thought the club statement above is fair enough at this stage.

I think the fans have done their bit over the last few seasons MPG.

We will continue to do so as well , but we aren't mugs either and don't like being fed the bull that we have been by the Dr.