Tony Xia Thread | Page 11 | Vital Football

Tony Xia Thread

This is the blurb you get if you want to join Teamax, Mr Xias smart city business

As the leader of smart city industry, TEAMAX recruits talents from top universities including Harvard University, Stanford University, etc., including 8% with Ph.D. degree, 12% Masteros degree and 80% with Bacheloros Degree, and forms a team with professional knowledge and modern management skills. To work in TEAMAX is to work with professionals who are widely recognized and praised all over the world and to develop your career with support and opportunities.

So presumably all the Ph.Ds and Masters degree students from Stanford and Harvard have seen this and thought bollocks we won’t bother getting the spelling errors corrected. Or is it all just a sham?

As I understood it, part of the FA's due diligence on Xia centred on the fact that there's a £500m pot ring-fenced for Villa support, separate from his other interests.

As I say, we really don't know. The good Dr needs to squash the speculation and Steve Bruce has to stay. We will be the best supported team in the championship, the 10 thbest supported team in England. I am no Bruce fan but we have just missed out on promotion and when he took over had not won an away game in 1 year.. Leave Bruce in charge and tell us what is happening, the opposition are not that strong, let's get back on track.

Interesting article in the Birmingham Mail
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-takeover-tony-xia-14742716
It includes the tweet above. Also, it's the bit towards the end What's been said about Xia which caught my eye. Wyness commented (some time ago) He has always thought it might take us three years to get up (to the Premier League)

Seem to remember that comment. So, he's frustrated like the rest of us we were so close to getting up this year but didn't make it. But there's no "it had to be this year".

On the Recon website the latest news is from 2017 saying they are buying Millenium film company in th US. No mention of the fact that it didn’t subsequently happen. The owner of Millenium:“They paid us $20 million and the deal is now dead. As far as we know, it’s dead. The deal was for a little over $200 million for 100% of the company. They gave us $20 million on the come and they were supposed to pay us and they gave us many reasons why they couldn’t. It was this, it was that. It’s very simple. It’s dead. There is no secret deal. I will find another buyer or continue as we are.”

Why do they have this on their website as a deal? Why no news at all on the company since? Wyness goes on about how smart Xia is yet the public face of his company is total dogshit.
I’m guessing there is a cash problem with Xia here. He has gone to ground and won’t spike rumours or say anything about Villa. This leaves all his options open with any buyer but destabilises at least in the short term. If he won’t say anything about Bruce how can Bruce operate in the transfer market? How long will this go one for?

People seem to like Xia mainly because he tweets a lot. Which is odd coz people seem to dislike Trump, because he tweets a lot.

For me both men need to shut up and let their actions do the talking, and at the moment neither are covering themselves with glory on that front.

People seem to like Xia mainly because he tweets a lot. Which is odd coz people seem to dislike Trump, because he tweets a lot.

For me both men need to shut up and let their actions do the talking, and at the moment neither are covering themselves with glory on that front.

I like Xia because I think the club is in a vastly better place now than it was before he arrived. I think he came in with an intention to sort it out and he has.

Re silence, it's only 10 days since the final. Think there's a lot of detail to be sorted, and Bruce rightly is on holiday.

Every time Dr.Xia tweets it's an open door for all the Villa haters to troll and spew their bile. You know the cave people from across town will always have a pop but the worst against anything Aston Villa these days are the Dingles who are making so many enemies as they let success go to their heads.

There used to be a football forum on the Evening Mail and man it was a tough place to be and it wasn't unusual for Noses and Villa fans to get banned including myself several times but that was the crack and banter!

However, the replies I see on the Dr's account is nothing more than sheer hatred and not banter at all so for that reason and also because some of his tweets actually embarrass the name of AVFC as does lots of replies from Villa fans with stuff like " I love you Dad!"

Twitter is a weird place therefore I wish he would stop and use the official site to convey his thoughts and what information he wants us to hear. Personally I no longer follow him or read his tweets as I know what's next.

The problem is our Dr Tony is an attention seeker so who knows if he will stop?

Last edited:
I like Xia because I think the club is in a vastly better place now than it was before he arrived. I think he came in with an intention to sort it out and he has.

Hmm... are we?

When he came we were in the Championship with money worries and loads of overpaid players we needed to get rid of to balance the books.

2 years on we are in the Championship with money worries and nobody (other than Grealish) with any sell on value to balance the books.

The only thing about the club that is better is the team spirit and the bond between the players and fans, and that can more be attibuted to Bruce than Xia I think.

It is, IF we are being told the truth.

Unfortunatly, with every passing day and every "rumour" , the doubts grow that we are unfortunately.

As each day passes I am starting to believe the entire plan for our future was "shit or bust" and now we have bust - they dont know what to do.

I have to say (hopefully wrongly) this looks like Lerner all over again. Owner comes in, owner thinks he can easily reap riches quickly, owner has rude awakening, owner doesnt know what to do now.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-put-alan-hutton-12648187

"Meanwhile, it has emerged that back in February, Villa cashed in future transfer revenue due on Jordan Amavi from Marseille and Carlos Sanchez from Fiorentina in exchange for immediate money to help their cash flow.

In a document on Companies House dated February 2, 48 hours after the transfer window shut, the club sold on future income due on Amavi and Sanchez to the Australian Macquarie bank.

Villa sources insist the actions are normal practice to help cash flow but the unspecified sum received from Macquarie is likely to have been less than the two instalments of Euros 4million due July 15, 2018 and July 15, 2019 from Marseille for Amavi."

Is this normal practice and why would we need help with our cash flow in February?

Another interesting B.Mail take on the rumours:
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-takeover-tony-xia-14740970

Basically the two stand out claims are that Xia intends to stay, and selling Jack is seen as the way of balancing the books.

However, the bit which caught me eye is that Xia is in China attempting to find funding which will get around China's current restrictions on exporting cash. A couple of years ago the regime twigged that people were using foreign investments simply as a way of getting their money out of China, and put those restrictions in place. Xia was one of those who got approval for his spending, i.e. buying Villa. However, presumably any further spending will come under scrutiny. I suspect Xia understands the ropes and may succeed, but it could explain why Recon in general doesn't find investing easy any more.

Hope they're wrong on Jack.