Tony Xia Thread | Page 10 | Vital Football

Tony Xia Thread

Trying to spin positivity is all well and good but I'm with JF here ie show me don't tell me .
Spin is spin , it's easy to be positive about things that will happen regardless ie Season Tickets sales .
We won't get smashed 5-0 at home by Man City next season or we have 23 home games next season instead of 19 in the prem , how's that for a positive spin , its all nonsense .
For every Positive there's a Negative and visa versa being selective with them and not balanced is spin .

Trying to spin positivity is all well and good but I'm with JF here ie show me don't tell me .
Spin is spin , it's easy to be positive about things that will happen regardless ie Season Tickets sales .
We won't get smashed 5-0 at home by Man City next season or we have 23 home games next season instead of 19 in the prem , how's that for a positive spin , its all nonsense .
For every Positive there's a Negative and visa versa being selective with them and not balanced is spin .

Yep. Agree. Basic fact is this. We needed to be promoted because of the finances. No more no less. Forget the it's more fun in the championship. It is. But it's irrelevant. Money makes football go round. The club will live or die by the league it is in not whether it is more fun/more games/more competitve/proper football. I don't like it but you can put whatever spin you like on the positives of not going up. It's plain and simple a bloody disaster .

So if you see positives it's spin but if you see negatives it's ......?

Everybody knows that from a financial point of view getting promoted would have been a very, very big plus. No argument. Even allowing for the fact there's a high probability we'd have come straight down again.

Fact is, we didn't get promoted. So are we going to spend the future sitting around moaning about it? Pretty pointless. We are where we are; lets take a balanced view on that. Which involves pluses and minuses.

Give it a month or so, and we should have a much better idea of where we're going this season.

As for Xia, can't see that he's done much wrong. With the pitch, it can be argued that the money was better spent on a promotion push. Certainly the effect he's had on the club in terms of revamp has been very positive. And no, that's not spin.

I can’t see any positives since last Saturday - and the Xia pathetic statement confirms my pessimism.

I wish I could, if we knew we HAD to get promoted then 2 loans in January was a poor investment.

I said it at the time but if finances were this bad due to failing to get promoted, then it was even more essential that player recruitment was better.

But how bad are the finances? We've known for a long time that failing to get promoted would have significant financial implications. But I think we've also known that there was no guarantee of promotion, and if we didn't then we'd have to accept those implications. Whatever they are...

We really need to calm down a bit and see what materialises. If you keep sending negative energy out it will come back to you, we don't know what plans are in place for not getting promoted, we don't know the answers to a lot of questions, let's keep calm and wait and see.

Yes. Both of Mr Xia’s quoted vehicles have gone down the swanny. Maybe the delay in the manager situation is to preserve optionality for the next guy. To me Xia is starting to look like a very distressed seller. I think he needs cash and quickly

Yes. Both of Mr Xia’s quoted vehicles have gone down the swanny. Maybe the delay in the manager situation is to preserve optionality for the next guy. To me Xia is starting to look like a very distressed seller. I think he needs cash and quickly
I'd appreciate links to this information, please. Cheers.

Personally, I dont believe these rumours that are eminating. Well, maybe there is a consortium , but I honestly believe Xia does not want to sell and will not sell.

However, a clear statement outlying his intentions , both short and long term , and, both in terms of ownership and in terms of management is needed

The uncertainty around both is hugely damaging. We have been through that twice in the last 15 yrs and it only results in one thing - struggle.

I actually think the statement was well meant, but poorly written due to both Xia's personality of speaking from the heart, and hindered by the language barrier but it is time for a proper, informative club statement to be published

Luke organ, Keith Wyness and the other chap who joined recently have openly talked about the mind blowing plans for the ground and surrounding area, .

But that was before the playoff final.

You'd have to assume now we didn't go up, the plans will have changed or been shelved completely.

Randy talked about regenerating the North Stand for ages... until we didn't make top 4 and then the plans were rightly shelved.

I hope so. He did wonders at Palace, and is a massive Steve Bruce fan, so keeping him on would be a good start if he did take over.
He did yes but he reached his ceiling he couldn't take them any further so he got out.Don't dislike the bloke quite the opposite but he wouldn't be able to take us to the level we would like.

We really need to calm down a bit and see what materialises. If you keep sending negative energy out it will come back to you, we don't know what plans are in place for not getting promoted, we don't know the answers to a lot of questions, let's keep calm and wait and see.

We are calm. We are just discussing Villa. It's what we do. Negative energy, in my ever so humble, does not impact/work like that. We are all positive in our love of Villa, that's what counts.

Luke organ, Keith Wyness and the other chap who joined recently have openly talked about the mind blowing plans for the ground and surrounding area, again based on luke organs success with wasps and so on I don't doubt his credibility. If all three have been spun a yarn then we are fooked but I don't believe that and has been stated in the defence of Bruce we really were a car crash when we came down but it was many years in the making.

So did Doug my good man.

So did Randy/Paul Faulkner/Richard FitzGerald etc.

I actually discussed the 'mothership' and all the plans with them at an FCG meeting and they agreed that perhaps the talk about it all wasn't best timed as we were the bottom half of the league at the time.

They were talking about the future, the same as Randy did, if and when the re-development could be financed and was needed.

I remember saying after years of talk that most of us (I was saying Midlanders don't really need the bull and the gloss that Mancs and Londoners seem to like) ... under promise, over deliver.

I'm not trying to flatten your positivity, but I am trying to put the reality in there.

This talk has happened many times, the plans were all there under Randy and were actually really smart. They weren't acted on, they weren't needed, we faded. Plans for redevelopment under this regime? They are for the future.... the if and when. Not the here and now.