Tonight's VNL Match Thread | Page 4 | Vital Football

Tonight's VNL Match Thread

Luke Imp - 6/4/2016 10:24

berksimps - 5/4/2016 21:58

Oh dear, Jon Nolan wins it for Grimsby with a "superb" long range shot in the 87th minute.

Of course he was so crap when with us :no way:
Well that's weird, because it was a cross that went all the way in apparently!

That explains it then ! I was having difficulty coming to terms with the words Nolan and 'superb' in the same sentence.

Rasenimp - 5/4/2016 23:36

plumbob - 6/4/2016 14:27

Oh dear, Jon Nolan wins it for Grimsby with a "superb" long range shot in the 87th minute.

Yes he was. Lightweight, gutless, sulking child.

Nolan to score the winner in the playoff final and reveal I LOVE PLUMBOB t-shirt
Too big for him. Only need a small chest when there is no heart in it!
:gent:

plumbob - 6/4/2016 12:12

Nolan to score the winner in the playoff final and reveal I LOVE PLUMBOB t-shirt

Keep poking fun Plumbob.
You are posting silly messages, Jon Nolan is playing good football in a good football team looking ahead to the play offs and possible promotion.

Mmmmmm :pointy:

johnolbe - 6/4/2016 13:46

plumbob - 6/4/2016 12:12

Keep poking fun Plumbob.
You are posting silly messages, Jon Nolan is playing good football in a good football team looking ahead to the play offs and possible promotion.

Mmmmmm :pointy:
I am aware and appreciate that. Don't think I've passed comment about him that was inaccurate of his time with us though.

Oh no it wasn't. Being called a Messi like finish. The video makes it look like a worldy

SkellyIsWatching - 6/4/2016 21:50

Oh no it wasn't. Being called a Messi like finish. The video makes it look like a worldy

If you want to discuss Grimsby Town they have a site called the 'Fishy' .It concerns itself with things related the club and the members of the site are also Grimsby Town supporters . Off you pop then :bye:

oldgaurd - 6/4/2016 21:56

SkellyIsWatching - 6/4/2016 21:50

If you want to discuss Grimsby Town they have a site called the 'Fishy' .It concerns itself with things related the club and the members of the site are also Grimsby Town supporters . Off you pop then :bye:

Couldn't agree more

For the people in the know, what would happen if the four relegated sides from our division were either nailed on Conference north or alternatively Conference South teams ? Would they move teams across that were geographically near the middle ? To even out the division numbers.?

bbh 11 - 6/4/2016 22:01

For the people in the know, what would happen if the four relegated sides from our division were either nailed on Conference north or alternatively Conference South teams ? Would they move teams across that were geographically near the middle ? To even out the division numbers.?
Yep, it'll be the most southern north teams or most northern southern teams who'd be in line to switch divisions.

If they're overly north/south for the division they'll play in, the Conference usually compensate them to aid with transport costs (I think they did with Lowestoft?).

I'm guessing they'll be teams in those sort of areas who will switch from one division to another over regularly, which can't be great!

Unfortunately at present teams like Gloucester and Lowstoft have to play in the Northern Section when really they should be in the southern Section, some of the journeys mid week are ridiculous, the AFC Fylde player I work with had to play at Lowestoft the other Tuesday night and he got back at 3.40am in the morning and was in work the next day.

I remember teams like Bishops Sortford and Oxford City have Also done stints in the Northern Sections.

Red Wimp - 8/4/2016 20:07

Am I going mad or did Boston play in the South one season?

I can answer your question in two parts .... yes you are and I don't know :he he:

If they were to regionalise the National League and L2 (as Bob Dorrian erroneously suggested last year), Cambridge, Northampton and Kidderminster would be in the north section. As you say, too many senior clubs in the south, but that is where the population is.