tonights matches | Page 2 | Vital Football

tonights matches

It means what it says .
He has players who he will play regardless of form and whether they are allocated their usual position.

Time he got a few more for us . I can only remember one thunderbolt from Teabag . Time to wake up a bit lad ( says me who has only just woken up !)

greeat goal from tettey and arguably the man of the match,dominated midfield and always available,,always thought he was a great signing just a shame about the knees,
he willl always hit the back of tbe net or the corner flag but thats why we love him...

As DG says favorite players means favorite players?

I think Redmond might have also scored for England u21s too.

Surely AN picks the team based on what he sees day in day out at training as all managers do. Just because it differs from people's opinions, mine included it seems unfair to say he always picks his favourites. What manager doesn't? Confused dot com?

It is difficult to explain why whittaker plays every week, RM is never moved to RB, Olson is now dropped for a left winger, Dorrans takes Wes place for away games and an international striker is never played whilst a player who walked away from the club on match day and has no goals is preferred above him.
Please do not say we do not know what they do on a daily basis in training !

Well said DG. Maybe those are the sort of questions RN should be asking on CC because I am sure we would all like to know the answers. :posh:

It seems fairly simple to me, AN is the manager and in his opinion he picks the best players to suit his tactics in any given match, yes, it is good to have a debate about these things and we would all probably pick a different team based on our favourite players. We all have our preferred players but surely we should trust in AN because he has not done much to moan about to date.

Defending is a tactic and he has picked Whittaker for every game bar one he was suspended for and he cannot defend against premier league strikers.

Attacking is a tactic as well and Whittaker is good going forward, playing the role AN expects from his FB's. I accept he was poor against Leicester and struggles against top class premier strikers eg Zaha, Vardy etc but most defenders have struggled against them this season. AN also got his tactics wrong against Leicester but fair play to Ranieri, he did a number on us.

Also, although slightly ashamed to admit I have just watched mustard TV, the 2 muppets on their picked their team for Newcastle, both included Whittaker, Dorrans and Howson on the right? All about opinions.

Opinions are what makes football interesting.

I avoid mustard as it makes plastic conservatories look interesting
( except when Tuckster was on )

If it has arse licks like Sainty on then I am likely to disagree with their guests and charisma bypass host.

Any team with Whittaker, Dorrans and current form Howson in it
are likely to lose most games.

I can't believe I'm already looking at the games around us. Sunderland beating Newcastle at the moment... A draw would be best.

Bournemouth v spuds ... Spurs win please

Its the same story as 2 seasons ago . The Club hasnt learnt a thing from the recent relegation . Some time ago I called for the Club to be ready to make a change if things go wrong , which is now what is happening . IMO we have no option but to think big before its too late . But the Club wont do that . We will stick with inexperienced AN , and spend as little as possible and try and get by with second rate players