Tonight's League Two Match Thread | Page 12 | Vital Football

Tonight's League Two Match Thread

Interesting results tonight for that final play off spot. Anyone down to Newport in 13th still with a realistic shot at it.

We still have little idea who we will be playing next season in League One. Just six points separate 13th from 23rd with five games remaining - could be a very complicated final day.

Wycombe continue to plummet towards relegation: one point now from ten games.

Accrington may well be joining them - five points from the last ten games.

We still have little idea who we will be playing next season in League One. Just six points separate 13th from 23rd with five games remaining - could be a very complicated final day.

Wycombe continue to plummet towards relegation: one point now from ten games.

Accrington may well be joining them - five points from the last ten games.
running out of steam in the second half of the season. hopefully this has been noted at HQ

Interesting results tonight for that final play off spot. Anyone down to Newport in 13th still with a realistic shot at it.

I see that Oldham-Newport are the only ones with 6 to play. Suddenly that is a massive game as winners are 2 points off 7th.

Yeovil vs Crawley on Saturday is a massive fixture, a win for Yeovil and Crawley are suddenly in massive bother.

Yeovil vs Crawley on Saturday is a massive fixture, a win for Yeovil and Crawley are suddenly in massive bother.
I’ve eyed that one up as a huge fixture as well. Should Crawley lose, things get interesting as I believe they also have Notts to play, and then the rest of their fixtures are playoff chasing teams.

Notts' point at the weekend now looks even more important otherwise they'd have been effectively two results adrift due to GD.

Yeovil seem to have been threatening to drop into the bottom two for what feels like months!

Must say though how nice it is just to look at the results knowing that nothing in them can affect our season. So relaxing

I agree, there's been a bit on the SW blog recently about being "afraid", "fearful" and "nerves shredded" until we get over the line, myself I've been serenely confident since mid-season that we'd get promoted and that we'd win the league since about 4 weeks ago.

My experience is one of going into games utterly confident that we'd get the job done every week. If you can't enjoy the games in a season where we are the dominant team in the division under a management team who apparently don't know how to lose I'm not sure when you can!oddball.jpg

I agree, there's been a bit on the SW blog recently about being "afraid", "fearful" and "nerves shredded" until we get over the line, myself I've been serenely confident since mid-season that we'd get promoted and that we'd win the league since about 4 weeks ago.
I agree entirely. Even allowing for memories of end-of-season promotion disasters like 1971-72 and 1982-83, this season has been very serene. Nerves shredded? Not in any way, either from the team or the majority of the fans. The team has shown no sign of anything but confidence, even during that run of four draws that had one or two of our more notorious contributors whining pitifully. And the fans have kept coming in ever-increasing numbers. Lincoln are the only side to remain consistent, and the league table never lies. To have been top for 35 weeks out of 41 so far is an incredible achievement, and I am sure it will be 40 weeks from 46.