Tonight's League Two Match Thread | Page 13 | Vital Football

Tonight's League Two Match Thread

I didn't admit to it at the time, but it felt a good job, well done somewhere in amongst the Morecambe to Oldham games back in March.. After that run of draws, to then win 4 in 5 settled any (small) lingering doubts.

In fact I wasn't particularly uncomfortable about getting promoted for most of the season full stop. You never quite know how things will pan out in August but within a few games, you kinda got a feel for it and the Exeter game was probably the 'we'll be fine' game.

I said to Sincilbanks banks very early in the season: I fully expect this squad to be promoted.

Remember, this is me we're talking about.
Notty, you may like to know that if City win their final 5 games, they will finish on 98 points: that represents a 31% improvement on 2017-18 (75 points).

We may also finish on 78/79 goals scored too, which would be a bit frightening.

Eventually, my greatness will be recognised. :lol:

*cough, cough*
"I tend to "call" players pretty quickly. It's a kind of game I have with myself: how quickly can I make a judgement and still get it right in the longer term.
I tend to find that, generally speaking, my first impressions are usually fairly accurate, although obviously it's a risky business and I do sometimes get it totally wrong!
I hope Pett proves me totally wrong, because that will mean LCFc have another good player. But I'm not putting money on it."

"3) Pett: Knott Mk II."

"Pett = Knott Mk. II, as I said at the time.
Didn't rate him at all in the appearances he has made for us so far. He would have to improve by at least 31% to be any use to us. :D "

"Instead, we have Pett. That doesn't look a good bit of business to me, but I accept others may disagree."

"In Ancient Rome, a slave would continuously whisper ‘Remember you are mortal’ in the ears of victorious generals as they were paraded through the streets after coming home, triumphant, from battle"

*cough, cough*
"I tend to "call" players pretty quickly. It's a kind of game I have with myself: how quickly can I make a judgement and still get it right in the longer term.
I tend to find that, generally speaking, my first impressions are usually fairly accurate, although obviously it's a risky business and I do sometimes get it totally wrong!
I hope Pett proves me totally wrong, because that will mean LCFc have another good player. But I'm not putting money on it."

"3) Pett: Knott Mk II."

"Pett = Knott Mk. II, as I said at the time.
Didn't rate him at all in the appearances he has made for us so far. He would have to improve by at least 31% to be any use to us. :D "

"Instead, we have Pett. That doesn't look a good bit of business to me, but I accept others may disagree."

"In Ancient Rome, a slave would continuously whisper ‘Remember you are mortal’ in the ears of victorious generals as they were paraded through the streets after coming home, triumphant, from battle"

Pett is a mere detail that I have long since admitted was an abberation.

You need to look at the bigger picture, Sincilbanks. We're talking "Big Stats" here, not Pett-y details. ;)

You need to look at the bigger picture, Sincilbanks. We're talking "Big Stats" here, not Pett-y details. ;)
Are you intending to hide behind the "exception to every rule" argument - and by implication "prove" the validity of your rule?

Jul 25, 2018
#1,666

nlondonimp said:
i presume there is also some budget being held back for signings in january.

We won't need it. We'll be 15 points clear of the pack and using the games to blood the youth team by January.

I pinned my colours to the mast back in July, and while I have (so, so happily) been proved correct, that doesn't mean that I haven't had a nervous wobble along the way. While I have been convinced that we would be promoted for some time, I wasn't finally scoured of all doubt about the title until Saturday.

Given our history, I would rather have secured 95 points by
February and have gone one point further ahead every fortnight, but the reality is that this season's results will have been bettered by few others over the years and who could ask for more than to be the first team in the professional game to secure promotion.

Heady, happy, long-may-they-continue, days.

I can't see Danny and Nicky taking any notice of anyone who's made that admission! :yes:

Well that was slightly odd at the end after half the people left because they didn't realise we had got promoted, myself included! We weren't great second half but who cares, 19 unbeaten and a well deserved promotion! O'Hara clear man of the match.

I could pick the game to pieces, but who cares. We are promoted (hopefully the mathematics are right). Time to celebrate!!