Tonight's League Two Match Thread | Vital Football

Tonight's League Two Match Thread

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Crewe Alexandra (15th) v Carlisle United (5th)
Newport County (13th) v Milton Keynes Dons (8th)
Oldham Athletic (18th) v Yeovil Town (21st)
Swindon Town (12th) v Forest Green Rovers (6th)

Carlisle are the biggest threat to the LCFC promotion push so we need them beaten.
averaging 2.13 pts over last 15 games...........lcfc 1.86
top of form table over 10 and 15 games

Here's my predictions:

Crewe have an outstanding home record...........Crewe 2 Carlisle 0

Flynn has promised changes ahead of Man City game........... Newport 0 MK Dons 0

Cooper will demand a reaction/Swindon wretched at home....... Swindon 1 Forest Green 3

Carlisle are the biggest threat to the LCFC promotion push so we need them beaten.
After tonight, Carlisle have MK Dons at home and then away to Colchester and Newport. Then we'll see if they have the minerals.
And over the next month a surprising amount of the current play off teams play each other.

Despite MKDs collapse in form of late, I fully expect them to win at Rodney Parade tonight. The other two matches are harder to call due to both Crewe and Swindon's greatly improved form over the last few weeks.

After tonight, Carlisle have MK Dons at home and then away to Colchester and Newport. Then we'll see if they have the minerals.
And over the next month a surprising amount of the current play off teams play each other.
My fingernails are all but gone and if by Saturday 5pm there is not another 3 points gained then i will start on my toes!

Despite MKDs collapse in form of late, I fully expect them to win at Rodney Parade tonight.
MKD have one point from their last six aways, and have conceded almost three goals a game in that run. You would think that has to end eventually. Oddly enough, the only team with a worse away record in that time is opponents Newport, with seven straight away defeats.

MKD have one point from their last six aways, and have conceded almost three goals a game in that run. You would think that has to end eventually. Oddly enough, the only team with a worse away record in that time is opponents Newport, with seven straight away defeats.
I was looking at their form and over the season they've the 3rd best home form, and 13th-best away form. Something of a contrast, and makes our game there in early April look a tricky prospect.

You really think so? I think Colchester and Forest Green are far more of a threat. Carlisle - in my opinion - are bang average but in decent form.
I agree, we need them beaten, but we also need any of our close rivals beaten!

You really think so? I think Colchester and Forest Green are far more of a threat. Carlisle - in my opinion - are bang average but in decent form.
Agree - Forest Green currently the biggest danger to the top 3 for me. However once they have got tonight and Saturday out the way MK Dons are then into a real run of winnable games and their stats do show they tend to beat the bottom 8 sides sides. No surprise if they came roaring back, but then has the damage already been done?

There are some question marks over Carlisle at the moment. They lost three key players to loan recalls in January, and that must have an impact. Further, they have lost a lot of games already (11) and cannot afford to lose more than another two or three if they want to push for the automatics.

All playing their game in hand over Mansfield and Bury. After tonight only Lincoln v Exeter outstanding at the end of the month to bring the current top 8 into line in terms of matches played.

Based on current form over the last 10/15 games they are delivering the points,top of the table over those number of games.
Those are the facts with no emotion,as you say other sides are a threat, Colchester(personally backed them for promotion) for example could be a promotion threat but "decent form" =points.
As already said above Carlisle averaging 2.13 pts over last 15.

post-christmas we were into a run of 'winnable' games... shame it doesn't work out that way.

re: newport.
you would think anyone that gets picked tonight will be busting a gut to get into the team for the man city game.

Win at home draw away over last 15 we’d target 29 points and got 28. Pretty much on track.

By my quick check Carlisle have 32 over the last 15 against a win home draw away target of 31 points so they’re 1 point over target and we’re 1 point under target.

Edit - very quick check so feel free to correct me if wrong.