Tonight's League One Match Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

Tonight's League One Match Thread

To see the surrounding company we are keeping in the League table and think back to who we played in the Vanarama in December 2016, Guiseley, just shows the amazing journey we have come on, incredible.
Yes my thoughts exactly here we are sitting above the likes of Sunderland,Pompey and Ipswich when not so long ago we were below the likes of Welling, Braintree and North Ferriby unbeliveable.

Yes my thoughts exactly here we are sitting above the likes of Sunderland,Pompey and Ipswich when not so long ago we were below the likes of Welling, Braintree and North Ferriby unbeliveable.

Certainly worth bearing in mind when reading recent match thread comments about us being ‘shit’, or comparing our current striker to Drewe Broughton.

Certainly worth bearing in mind when reading recent match thread comments about us being ‘shit’, or comparing our current striker to Drewe Broughton.
You shouldn’t really take comments on a live match thread too seriously though. It’s like the running emotions of watching in the ground, highs and lows and spur of the moment comments that change by the second. Must admit it’s very cringy reading the match thread after a game, it must be a bit embarrassing for some posters but they all add to the clicks total.
I admit I never contribute to the match thread, if I am watching on ifollow or live at a game I am 100% focused and along with screaming and the odd swearing outburst i never think of looking at my phone or similar gadgets.
Each to their own I guess.

You shouldn’t really take comments on a live match thread too seriously though. It’s like the running emotions of watching in the ground, highs and lows and spur of the moment comments that change by the second. Must admit it’s very cringy reading the match thread after a game, it must be a bit embarrassing for some posters but they all add to the clicks total.
I admit I never contribute to the match thread, if I am watching on ifollow or live at a game I am 100% focused and along with screaming and the odd swearing outburst i never think of looking at my phone or similar gadgets.
Each to their own I guess.

You’re quite right, I shouldn’t let it bother me. Constructive criticism I’ve got no problem with. But surely some perspective is needed, even on a match thread, when we’re in our highest league position for 30 odd years!

Watching the goals this morning on Quest, only the Abbey Stadium in Cambridge looked back to 'normal' ... although I was surprised the terrace behind the goal was so highly populated with little social distancing.

That said, a step in the right direction, just hope Lincoln drops down a Tier in a fortnight so 2k are allowed in on Boxing Day.