Tonight's League One Match Thread (17/02/2021) | Page 2 | Vital Football

Tonight's League One Match Thread (17/02/2021)

Full time Donny 0 Accy 1

Softens the blow of the penalty defeat somewhat.

After our defeat I watched the last 25 minutes of that game.

I'm not sure why everyone is so pleased, Accrington look a better side than Doncaster, certainly based on Sunday - when they should probably have beaten us - and tonight.

They have a huge amount of energy, which was a bit of a contrast to our showing this evening and had the high press on Donny right up to the last minute.

After the Hull result, Accy is a great one. With the point against us they’ve had a very good week. Glad we don’t have to play them again.

I'm not sure why everyone is so pleased, Accrington look a better side than Doncaster, certainly based on Sunday - when they should probably have beaten us - and tonight.

They have a huge amount of energy, which was a bit of a contrast to our showing this evening and had the high press on Donny right up to the last minute.

Yeah people keep discounting Accrington, hopefully the others are doing that to us.

I do agree that Accrington looked fitter than us, which is a bit of a concern in the long run (especially with the recent injuries). Still, have to remember that I don't think any of us were expecting us to be in this position.

I guess because Donny are still closer rivals. Look at Accrington's last 9 in this sequence. Inconsistent. Donny have lost 3 in a row which is handy for us too.

1613597148129.png

We are 5 points clear of 4th. We have 2 games in hand on Hull. I think we will get the results over the next few weeks. Yes we ill miss Bridcut, Anderson and Walsh. But we do have strength in depth and we also have the cup tied players who had a rest tonight. I think Sunderland might struggle over the next couple of weeks with the injuries at CB

Skip's charts are great, really good summary of how teams have got to where they are and what the challenge is ahead.

For the Imps, it shows that we are now about to start a run of games against mid and lower table sides, of a type we've performed well against so far. That group of matches will go a long way to defining whether the season is an (unexpected) triumph or a 'disaster' which may still entail finishing higher than most predicted.