Tonight's Fans Forum Thread | Vital Football

Tonight's Fans Forum Thread

Did anybody go and can give a report on it? I have tried listening to it on lcfc facebook however it (as per usual) was very difficult to hear it( and yes i have just had an ear test with perfect results? ! I dont know if the new LL is a large and souless place?

I can guarantee someone went along specifically to complain about the price of cheese and onion crisps in the Red Imps Bar, or some similar inanity.

No mention of the shirts or names and numbers on the back...
Looking into either moving or redeveloping sincil bank

toilet paper in gents khasi under coop stand gone single ply when we used to get that top 3 ply roll with grimsby written all over it!

only joking the single ply is ace!

Good to hear developing Sincil Bank is being seriously considered now.

I like to think the two options are:
Beevor Street - which would be part of a whole council project with other partners such as the uni which would lead to significantly reduced costs for the club.
Develop Sincil Bank

Both of which should mean the club own the ground and no lease involved.

Certainly sounds like the club are keeping their eye on the Beevor Street development and considering developing the Bank at the same.

Good to hear developing Sincil Bank is being seriously considered now.

I think it's more of a case of having too! The new stadium could be years away given that even an outline application hasn't been made yet! Access needs to be sorted other parties, funding etc! I reckon it could be at least 6 or 7 years away.

The costs of developing Sincil Bank go way beyond the simple exercise of extending the stadium the infrastructure upgrades will be seriously expensive but I think what Roger was alluding to last night is let's actually do some groundwork to find out what those costs could be.

Once you have some numbers you can crunch them. If we keep progressing we seriously need a bigger stadium and that's looking sooner rather than later. We could extend Sincil Bank say by making the St Andrews stand full length and adding maybe 2,500 - 3000 seats way quicker than any stadium move would happen.

I think it's more of a case of having too! The new stadium could be years away given that even an outline application hasn't been made yet! Access needs to be sorted other parties, funding etc! I reckon it could be at least 6 or 7 years away.

The costs of developing Sincil Bank go way beyond the simple exercise of extending the stadium the infrastructure upgrades will be seriously expensive but I think what Roger was alluding to last night is let's actually do some groundwork to find out what those costs could be.

Once you have some numbers you can crunch them. If we keep progressing we seriously need a bigger stadium and that's looking sooner rather than later. We could extend Sincil Bank say by making the St Andrews stand full length and adding maybe 2,500 - 3000 seats way quicker than any stadium move would happen.
Great post

Totally different scale but I remember Man City building that lovely stand (with restaurants etc. as well for the corporate types) on their old Kippax terrace (they had it in place for our last two matches there) and that was only a few years old when it got demolished. No idea whether it paid for itself but they had to do something to make that side of Maine Road fit for purpose before they moved to the Emptihad.
https://www.bing.com/images/search?...ures&simid=608034519699883245&selectedIndex=0

Last edited:
Totally different scale but I remember Man City building that lovely stand (with restaurants etc. as well for the corporate types) on their old Kippax terrace (they had it in place for our last two matches there) and that was only a few years old when it got demolished. No idea whether it paid for itself but they had to do something to make that side of Maine Road fit for purpose before they moved to the Emptihad.
https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=kiugCEXO&id=56423731459B804E6DFCC0C3E24C4B03901FDD0A&thid=OIP.kiugCEXOuRiSXfAXOcJxagHaE6&mediaurl=http://stadiumdb.com/pictures/historical/eng/maine_road/maine_road11.jpg&exph=1128&expw=1698&q=maine+road+pictures&simid=608034519699883245&selectedIndex=0
I was in one of the boxes for the cup game. Got told to sit down and go inside to calm down when we scored. Just wanted to be in with the Lincoln fans.

I don't think there's any chance they will spend serious money on SB. If so that's a sudden change and so much for all the reasons why we've told we have to move.

i see they also put temporary seating into the corners at each end of the kippax.
hard to comprehend that our directors have only just begun to think about a short/medium term plan for increasing the attendance at sincil bank...

I don't think there's any chance they will spend serious money on SB. If so that's a sudden change and so much for all the reasons why we've told we have to move.
They have to seriously consider pros and cons of all options before such a momentous decision. It was never a given that moving was only the only viable option.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?...ures&simid=608034519699883245&selectedIndex=0

The Kippax opened in 1995 and they left in 2004 so it was 9 years old so not exactly a temporary solution