Tonights Championship games | Page 3 | Vital Football

Tonights Championship games

Robinson out for 2 weeks Dunkley suspended , a make shift left back and no one to score goals .. Byrne is the only one who can take a player on yet we have 2 wingers ..
We have been very poor all season and drab to watch .
Yes i hope every game for a win and always will but i don`t see any change , Cardiff then Millwall 2 tough games ..

Not a difficult thread of logic to follow - So how come you can't follow it then - the part u put re the trenches was utter bollocks, hence my reply that it isn't acceptable regardless if you said it 'tongue in cheek'.
Funny how when folk are pulled up on stuff they revert to the ' was only said tongue in cheek' or 'was only said in jest' or the classic 'banter'.........

Jock, go back to the start of the thread:
- MiW said we're already relegated.
- I pulled him up for that ....... linking it to the "Brexit British spirit".
- He chose to switch the discussion to Cook's competence.
- I maintained the point was about the belief and support of the fans, and again linked it to the inane bollox that Mark Francois might have come out with............. clearly with no malicious intent. Hell, I'd finished the post with a halo emoji !!!

...........By all means you back this clown of a manager, by all means think that the relegation isn't inevitable but if people have other opinions then that's there prerogative...but it's hardly 'raising the white flag in the trenches'.

Where have I said that I back this "clown of a manager"? I merely argued that he's not a donkey (based on his previous achievements), even if he may be failing at this level.

I'm fine with other folk having their opinions. It's what this forum is for. To discuss them. Why do you put the last part re the trenches in quotes ....... that reads as if I posted that. I didn't. Read it back.

.........BTW...I hope u are right n we do survive this impending relegation & I will as I've said previous, eat a large portion of humble pie & ask for second helpings but I still won't want this man at our club next season....😉

I'm not sure why you hope I'm right .......... I haven't said that we will avoid relegation .......... I'm merely hoping that we will, and while there's a reasonable chance that we might, I see no point in considering relegation a foregone conclusion.

(y)

Jock, go back to the start of the thread:
- MiW said we're already relegated.
- I maintained the point was about the belief and support of the fans, and again linked it to the inane bollox that Mark Francois might have come out with............. clearly with no malicious intent. Hell, I'd finished the post with a halo emoji !!!

Where have I said that I back this "clown of a manager"? I merely argued that he's not a donkey (based on his previous achievements), even if he may be failing at this level.

I'm fine with other folk having their opinions. It's what this forum is for. To discuss them. Why do you put the last part re the trenches in quotes ....... that reads as if I posted that. I didn't. Read it back.

I'm not sure why you hope I'm right .......... I haven't said that we will avoid relegation .......... I'm merely hoping that we will, and while there's a reasonable chance that we might, I see no point in considering relegation a foregone conclusion.

(y)

Erm ....didn't you use the term 'in the trenches' ? Cos later on you then say it was said tongue in cheek!!!

You were the one to link this discussion to Brexit / Mark F....which imo has no bearing to it.

Didn't think you liked the idea of "Brexit British spirit"...whenever I read any of ur posts in ur 'Brexit' thread !!!!
In your views your very willing to give PC any & as many benefits of the doubt ( fair play to u for that btw)yet in the Brexit debates it was clear cut with zero benefits of the doubt for BJ & any possible positive outcomes that may / did happen 😇😇😇

Oh n while your at it......what about that bet in the other thread HindleyM n myself still awaiting a reply 😉😂

MiW said we're already relegated.
- I maintained the point was about the belief and support of the fans, and again linked it to the inane bollox that Mark Francois might have come out with..

Moonay, points 1 and 3 are clearly intrinsically linked. We are relegated because of Cooks competence (lack of). There is no need for ‘British spirit’ in this context, the man is out of his depth at this level of football. He’s remaining so we’re fucked. Brexit has nothing to do with this scenario - that is an opportunity to take a different path that was decided upon by a democratic vote. Invoking British spirit in this regard to make a success of it is perfectly relevant.

Erm ....didn't you use the term 'in the trenches' ? Cos later on you then say it was said tongue in cheek!!!

Yes Jock. I used it in the context of something Francois might say. However, you brought in the term "raising the white flag", .......I didn't say that ....... yet you quoted the sentence as if I had.

........You were the one to link this discussion to Brexit / Mark F....which imo has no bearing to it.......

I know I was. This is my fundamental point. I was linking MiW's defeatist view re our likely relegation to what many in the Leave campaign were hailing as why we'd be successful after leaving the EU. ................ a gentle tease .......... though maybe I should have prodded harder. !

.........Didn't think you liked the idea of "Brexit British spirit"...whenever I read any of ur posts in ur 'Brexit' thread !!!!

See the point above. I don't. It's crass. That's why I was using it to take the mickey ........just a little.

.......In your views your very willing to give PC any & as many benefits of the doubt ( fair play to u for that btw).......

No, I'm not. I wasn't defending Cook, and certainly wasn't saying he shouldn't have gone ........ I merely referred to his previous record and put it in context.

.........yet in the Brexit debates it was clear cut with zero benefits of the doubt for BJ & any possible positive outcomes that may / did happen 😇😇😇

I'm not really sure of the point you're trying to make here. Regardless, the circumstances are hardly comparable.

Oh n while your at it......what about that bet - HindleyM n myself still awaiting a reply 😉😂

There you go again. Not reading stuff (properly). You've had your response ...... twice.
Now ........haven't you got work to do? You're keeping me from Victoria Derbyshire. (I'd normally have Ken Bruce on, but I can't stand Oooh Gary Davies)
;)

Moonay, points 1 and 3 are clearly intrinsically linked. We are relegated because of Cooks competence (lack of). There is no need for ‘British spirit’ in this context, the man is out of his depth at this level of football. He’s remaining so we’re fucked. Brexit has nothing to do with this scenario - that is an opportunity to take a different path that was decided upon by a democratic vote. Invoking British spirit in this regard to make a success of it is perfectly relevant.

I think I've done the explanations to death. I do however reserve the right to come back to this thread should the unthinkable happen, and we manage to avoid what you already believe to have happened.
;)

I don't want to reignite the discussion but to go back to my initial point, we are not yet relegated, although I concede that some people have already capitulated for the reasons they have given.

What I am asking for is that we stop all the back biting and criticism of the manager for the period between now and the seasons end to give the man a chance to get his act together and with the backing of the players and the fans save the season. As many have pointed out there seems no chance that the club will terminate his employment before the seasons last game and therefore it seems counter productive to be constantly haranguing him and disrupting the harmony in the dressing room. We need to create a siege mentality to get us through this and continually calling for the managers head will not allow this to be achieved.

If we are indeed relegated come the end of the season I will personally lead the campaign to have the manager removed as I am not his greatest fan but I am sensible enough to understand that continual criticism of a person is not the way to achieve success in any sphere.

I understand peoples reluctance to back the manager, he certainly hasn't endeared himself to me over the last season and a half but we are stuck with him and whether we like it or not he will continue to pick the team and dictate the tactics and we have to accept that and work with it. I suggest we all suck it up and if you cant actually bring yourself to compliment him then at least save the vitriolic comments for private consumption, ( constructive criticism always welcome.)

Results not going our way so far tonight. It could be a pretty high points total required to stay up this year if the teams around us keep winning. Tomorrow night is massive for us.

I’m still very much of the opinion we’re battling not to finish bottom.

I just don’t see us stringing the required results together to pull us out of this. The damage was done long ago.

We've had a (comparatively) good run lately.

Folk rightly say though that we shouldn't have to rely on other teams to help us stay up.

Other teams win.

Folk are convinced we're going down.

Funny old world, isn't it.

Bad couple of results for us tonight.But we can't control what other teams around us do.It's in our own hands to get out of this mess,with still 36 points to play for and all we can do is concentrate on ourselves.We have 11 points from our last 6 games and need to keep the momentum going.We have another huge,winnable game tomorrow and must approach it with belief and positivity.
I watched the Hudds v Bristol City game and completely agree with MIW.Bristol were unbelievably poor apart from a good spell early in the 2nd half,till the Hudds pen.Just yet another indication of how competitive,but average this league is,as it's so unpredictable.