Tonights Championship games | Vital Football

Tonights Championship games

You are my sunshine

Vital Reserves Team
HT Barnsley 0-3 Preston
HT Middlesbrough 0-1 Brum

Daniel Johnson scored again for Preston.Think thats 9 goals from attacking midfield from him and several assists.We made a bid/loan enquiry for him in the Summer.He's been excellent for them this season and their dip in form happened when he was out injured.Bloody wish we had signed him now.What a difference he could of made to this team with our lack of cutting edge in the final third.Cook would of probably played him out of position though.

FT Charlton 0-0 Fulham.
Poor quality game.Charlton just sat deep with men behind the ball and Fulham despite all their possession were terrible in the final third and without Mitrovic had no focal point up front and they also missed Knockaerts quality.Charlton looked organised and worked hard but had little quality.Jason Pearce played well for them.Realistically I think they are the most likely team we can catch outside the bottom 3.Like us they have 1 win in 17 but we have left ourselves a hell of a lot of work to do.But IMO it's by no means over just yet with still so many points still left to play for.They've also lost Connor Gallagher and striker Lyle Taylor is being linked with a move away.
Charlton are now 7 points clear of us though with a better goal difference,having played a game more.We simply must beat Sheff Wed in our game in hand next Tuesday to cut that gap to 4 points.
Stoke are at home to Swansea before we next play.
In the other game Forest drew 1-1 with Reading.

.But IMO it's by no means over just yet with still so many points still left to play for.They've also lost Connor Gallagher and striker Lyle Taylor is being linked with a move away.
Charlton are now 7 points clear of us though with a better goal difference,having played a game more.We simply must beat Sheff Wed in our game in hand next Tuesday to cut that gap to 4 points.

Attachments

• 5472.jpg
    5472.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 7
FT Charlton 0-0 Fulham.
Poor quality game.Charlton just sat deep with men behind the ball and Fulham despite all their possession were terrible in the final third and without Mitrovic had no focal point up front and they also missed Knockaerts quality.Charlton looked organised and worked hard but had little quality.Jason Pearce played well for them.Realistically I think they are the most likely team we can catch outside the bottom 3.Like us they have 1 win in 17 but we have left ourselves a hell of a lot of work to do.But IMO it's by no means over just yet with still so many points still left to play for.They've also lost Connor Gallagher and striker Lyle Taylor is being linked with a move away.
Stoke are at home to Swansea before we next play.
In the other game Forest drew 1-1 with Reading.

I can't see us getting 7 points on anyone due to our inability to keep a clean sheet. We are poor in front of goal but we take the lead relatively often so if we could park the bus and grind out a 1-0 we'd already be ok. This coaching set up simply lacks the ability to get us that organised - that's only going to change if we get new coaches in.

Don't get me wrong it's not looking good and at this point the bottom 3 are in big big trouble.When Luton beat us in December,who I think are a similar standard to Charlton they went 4 points ahead of us.We are now 2 points ahead of them so a 6 point swing in our favour.I know it's going to be extremely difficult to stay up now,I'm just saying it's still not impossible to do so with so many games left.But we do need to beat Sheff Wed who are in poor league form.
Also they,Derby and Brum could be looking at big points deductions as well.
If I'm being honest i think there is more chance of that gap to safety increasing the way things are going at the moment but you never know for certain in football.

Don't get me wrong it's not looking good and at this point the bottom 3 are in big big trouble.When Luton beat us in December,who I think are a similar standard to Charlton they went 4 points ahead of us.We are now 2 points ahead of them so a 6 point swing in our favour.I know it's going to be extremely difficult to stay up now,I'm just saying it's still not impossible to do so with so many games left.But we do need to beat Sheff Wed who are in poor league form.
Also they,Derby and Brum could be looking at big points deductions as well.
If I'm being honest i think there is more chance of that gap to safety increasing the way things are going at the moment but you never know for certain in football.

Agreed, but I think unless Cook goes or he changes something drastically (Martinez going 3-4-3 radical transformation type) it won't happen. There is just too much fundamentally wrong with what we do and we keep doing it. I think if Cook had any other ideas he would already of tried them but he himself admits he is set on his system. That lack of flexibility will close the door on survival unfortunately - he needs to be bold and stop being stubborn and try something new.

Let’s be honest, we’re fucked unless Cook goes. No players will want to join the club unless they’re offered silly money. It wouldn’t shock me if we only picked up another 10 points this season. It’s not even worth getting excited when we score a goal anymore because we still go on to lose the game.

Not the worst set of results. But we’re now in the territory where each game needs to be approached as a must win.

Of course we don’t technically need to win each game. But a poor set of results any given weekend (or midweek) could see us needing two wins just to catch up.

I don’t have much confidence in us putting back-to-back wins together. But that’s the kind of form we now need to push ourselves out of the bottom three.

Despite changing their managers both Stoke and Huddersfield are not pulling away from the drop zone.

It begs the question, does changing a manager always guarantee survival ?

We need to keep our faith in the players and to some extent the manager, I know the majority of posters want him removed but that is not going to happen anytime soon. In the face of that we need to stop looking for excuses to bin him and start supporting the efforts of the players and staff to get us out of the relegation places. We need to show the players that we are still behind them and support their efforts on the pitch, they don't look like they have given up on survival and neither should we.

Until it is mathematically certain that we are safe or down we should not be bickering amongst ourselves and talking the manager down we should be positive and backing the efforts being made by the players to win games.

Stoke and Huddersfield both pulled the trigger and changed their managers, but in my view this has not had a dramatic effect on their positions in the league, they are still within our sights and are both catchable. There are still enough winnable games in our fixture list to overhaul both clubs and even Charlton who despite their win on Tuesday are still very much in the mix.

I ask all of you to keep the faith and lets stop all this negative talk of certain relegation and Cook out and get behind the club as we have done in the past and show the rest of the EFL that "Little Wigan" are still taking the p***.

Sorry TB but I have no faith in this clown that manages us or those in a position to do something about his tenure. There is a whole world of difference between winnable games and having the requisite managerial ability to win them. Should have been sacked a long time ago and the fact he hasn’t has resulted in our relegation.

Sorry TB but I have no faith in this clown that manages us or those in a position to do something about his tenure. There is a whole world of difference between winnable games and having the requisite managerial ability to win them. Should have been sacked a long time ago and the fact he hasn’t has resulted in our relegation.

So I take it you have given up all hope of us surviving.

..... and the fact he hasn’t has resulted in our relegation.

I thought you Brexiteers were supposed to have a little bit more good old British spunk that that. You know, fight 'em on the beaches, never say die, bulldog spirit and all that.

Ah well. You thought we were down last year, and you were wrong then too.
:rolleyes: :innocent:

I thought you Brexiteers were supposed to have a little bit more good old British spunk that that. You know, fight 'em on the beaches, never say die, bulldog spirit and all that.

Ah well. You thought we were down last year, and you were wrong then too.
:rolleyes: :innocent:

What’s the phrase, lions led by a donkey.

Lions? Players, maybe ................. supporters? :hmmm:...........:shake:

Oh, and a donkey is a really useful animal ..........'appen he should be managing at Blackpool ?!
;)

The players, but upon reflection lion is an over generous term for the likes of some such as Lowe. More fight in a kitten.

As for donkey, they may have there uses ferrying folk across a beach, but have no place managing a football club.