Tonights Alternative Match | Vital Football

Tonights Alternative Match

muttley

Alert Team
OK, no game tonight so let's have a hypothetical match

The home team managed by Poch.....our great 2017 team, playing in the high press and fast passing game.

Lloris
Walker, Toby, Jan, Rose
Big Vic, Dembele
Eriksen, Dele, Son
Kane

Versus

Lloris
Doherty, Sanchez, Dier, Reguilon
Gio, Hojberg, Ndombele
Bale, Kane, Son

Managed by Jose with the assumption that everyone is fit and on form and adjusted to his direct tactics and winning mentality.

So who wins and what would be the score?

Poch's attacking tactics w Erikse-Dele-Son-Kane vs a backline of Doherty-Snchz-Dier-Reguilon

Jose's attacking tactics w Bale-Kane-Son vs the backline of Walker-Toby-Jan-Rose in 2017 form?

One concedes shitloads of goals, the other doesn't.

OK, no game tonight so let's have a hypothetical match

The home team managed by Poch.....our great 2017 team, playing in the high press and fast passing game.

Lloris
Walker, Toby, Jan, Rose
Big Vic, Dembele
Eriksen, Dele, Son
Kane

Versus

Lloris
Doherty, Sanchez, Dier, Reguilon
Gio, Hojberg, Ndombele
Bale, Kane, Son

Managed by Jose with the assumption that everyone is fit and on form and adjusted to his direct tactics and winning mentality.

So who wins and what would be the score?
Poch's team for me.

I'd have the whole back four over Jose's. At this stage Reguilon is unproven in the EPL.

PEH doesn't hold a candle to Vic and Dembele.

Eriksen, Dele, Son and Kane were poetry-in-motion together then.

Gio, Ndombele, Bale, Kane and Son are great individually but I have doubts Jose's direct tactics are the way to maximise their potential.

No contest, the 2017 team by a mile. Even if a combined eleven were being chosen only Lloris, Kane, Son and Bale from the current team would come into consideration, and three of them were in the 2017 team in any case. We don't know enough about Reguilon at this stage for him to qualify in that assessment, but if he turns out to be as good as Rose in 2017 he'll be a good signing.

The 2017 was clearly a stronger team.

But Jose likes to play counter attacking football, which would have been perfect against Poch's team.

Would be a closer game than some think. I remember many games under Poch where his boring possession game couldn't get a sniff at goal. With the high line he used Bale, Son, would have a fun day.

Having said that a prime Dembele and Wana would win most midfield battles. Ndombele would be crying within 5 minutes.

Seeing how Reguilon hasn't played for us, and NDombele has barely played for us, I've gone for Davies and Winks in their place.

That means Poch's team had a far greater defence and midfield, in fact they put up our best numbers for decades. In this respect I'd have to go for the 2017 team ... unless it was a Cup Final, then I'd back Jose's team over Poch all day! :ROFLMAO:

The 2017 was clearly a stronger team.

But Jose likes to play counter attacking football, which would have been perfect against Poch's team.

Would be a closer game than some think. I remember many games under Poch where his boring possession game couldn't get a sniff at goal. With the high line he used Bale, Son, would have a fun day.

Having said that a prime Dembele and Wana would win most midfield battles. Ndombele would be crying within 5 minutes.

Judgement too soon.

I still recall kicking the chair in front of me at the wasted number of times Dembele wouldn't or didn't pass forwards when it was wide open and of course how many games he played where he was utterly ineffective - for me he flattered to decieve to far too much.

I have a feeling that the game would be 4-3 to Jose once we see N'dombele and LoCo together, let alone add in Bale and Reggie..