Tonight Steve Lovell | Page 4 | Vital Football

Tonight Steve Lovell

Taking that as truth both players should have been sold and replacements sought.

I tend to agree, as a player gets to close to final year of contract and on the assumption the club wants to keep them then negotiations should open. If a player doesn't sign then put them on the list to see if we can attract a sale and get something before they leave on a free. Leaving it to the January window leaves it too late.

I am sure those will say you don't know if they will lose form in the last year of the contract, well that's true but that's the risk based decision.

If you don't know what division you are in have different remuneration packages dependent on the division you end up in.

I tend to agree, as a player gets to close to final year of contract and on the assumption the club wants to keep them then negotiations should open. If a player doesn't sign then put them on the list to see if we can attract a sale and get something before they leave on a free. Leaving it to the January window leaves it too late.

I am sure those will say you don't know if they will lose form in the last year of the contract, well that's true but that's the risk based decision.

If you don't know what division you are in have different remuneration packages dependent on the division you end up in.

Basically what Peterborough do

I'm sure Lovell said in October or November that he was interested in a couple of midfielders, so it must only be down to money that there have been no approaches with only one week left to go.
Having said that, he changed to saying a midfielder and a forward. He then plays Oldaker and Nash against West Ham, so nobody now wanted?