Tonight Steve Lovell | Page 2 | Vital Football

Tonight Steve Lovell

I don't know why he says "I couldn't see that coming". It happened against Doncaster a few weeks earlier and plenty of other home games over the last few years.

It happens a lot, sometimes we are good (normally away) but at least ever 4 or 5 games we are poor. The only consistency is inconsistency if that makes any sense.

I feel for Lovell as he clearly doesn't have any answers. He will just keep doing the same thing. We will win some, we lose more. Who knows if it will be enough and who knows if "just staying up" is good enough to be honest but we clearly can't compete in league one.

Bizarre question about why our players are not passing the ball to Eaves in the view of one Rainham Ender

I cannot get through on the phone but wanted to ask is it true Eaves and Holy have said "we are not signing new contracts".

"Tom is contracted to us until the end of the season" "no offers for him in January"

Bizarre question about why our players are not passing the ball to Eaves in the view of one Rainham Ender
He was alluding to a situation where players resented Eaves. I don't think that is true but that is where he was heading (the caller).

"One of the best managers we've ever had" :bow:

One of the nicest ? Yes. Nowhere near one of the best though and not even close to the same league as Pulis or Peacock.

He was alluding to a situation where players resented Eaves. I don't think that is true but that is where he was heading (the caller).
The only player I saw arguing with teammates on Saturday was Charles-Cook.

Difficult question for him to answer about where we should be. To suggest we should be aiming for playoffs is suggesting he is failing then he probably should have dodged that one.

I think we all accept that we will struggle year on year in league one so to suggest otherwise is a bit insulting really.

Now defending Scally and his search for investors.

Its hard for Lovell to answer those questions

When talking about past transfer fees paid out for Taylor and Asaba, the Presenter says half a million doesn’t buy you much in football now does it, Lovell rightly corrects him and says it still does at our level.

"no point signing players until next week as they will be cup tied". "players may leave if it benefits their careers"