Toney's Incident with Michael O'Connor | Page 5 | Vital Football

Toney's Incident with Michael O'Connor

I think we should be allowed a free hit in the return leg.

Must be a dangerous tactic for an expensive forward to act like that as live by the sword die by the sword.

If someone did even the score so to speak it could potentially alter the course of his career.

Surely if he can finish like he does he doesn’t need to behave like that. But if you look at the setup at the posh it doesn’t surprise

I'm assuming that as we are now 5 days after this match there is no sanction being considered against Toney for this assault now.
Pretty sure that if a player is charged retrospectively it is done quite quickly to give them an opportunity to respond to the charge within a couple of days so that suspensions are imposed quite soon after the incident.
The silence from the FA on this is deafening so I'm thinking nothing is being considered for this.

I dare bet O'Connor will sort of let him know he hasn't forgot in the home game, by giving Toney a New Years Day present. :hmmm:

Always think it's a bit meh for a team to be reporting anything, just move on.
There's four officials, and assessor and a video of the game for everyone to look through themselves. You'd want to think that given the length of the stoppage/nature of the injury someone would have look at this anyway.

What happens if he gets a red later in the season, receives a one match ban and is back to face us in the following game? If he been given a red here it would have been a two/three match ban. If it deserves a ban he should get one. He also got away with an off the ball kick at one of defenders in the second half that seems to have been missed.
He flew into Vickers as well, he'll get sorted sooner or later, hopefully

Always think it's a bit meh for a team to be reporting anything, just move on.
There's four officials, and assessor and a video of the game for everyone to look through themselves. You'd want to think that given the length of the stoppage/nature of the injury someone would have look at this anyway.

Agreed. It shouldn't be down to any club to raise the issue but those officials at the game and viewing remotely either at the time or later. Hortin's tweet smacks of someone who hasn't really got a clue but felt the need to make a comment on it

Agreed. It shouldn't be down to any club to raise the issue but those officials at the game and viewing remotely either at the time or later. Hortin's tweet smacks of someone who hasn't really got a clue but felt the need to make a comment on it
If this is true what the club are saying is that the better players can get away with actions like this. What sort of a message does that send to the young kids playing the game. With this in mind your comment about Hortin might be closer to the truth.

Astonished if that is the approach of the club- not raising violent conduct because you don't want the opposition player banned because he might score goals against other teams.

Not sure if Hortin is accurate but this is a really really poor club decision if true.

It should have nothing to do with LCFC. It should be driven by the officials and the EFL. My main assumption from this is that the referee has suggested he has seen it and therefore no retrospective action is required (unless LCFC instigate it). Had the referee not seen it the whole thing would have been included somewhere in his report and therefore looked at by the EFL.

Really good decision by the club.

It's all right saying what example does it set to kids.

I presume you would want to teach kids of accept the referees decision even if you don't agree with it.

Then if you want to take the moral high ground, tell your kids it's Peterborough's responsibility to put things right, but they won't because we are living in the real world.

We were penalised by the action of Toney on Saturday.

Doesn't make sense to compound our disadvantage by helping the teams we are realistically looking to be above come May.

Accrington and Gillingham play Peterborough in the next three games.

I have only just watched it tonight and I don't see it as anything other than blatantly running and jumping into the back of O'Connor. It looks to me like O'Connor sees him running at the player receiving the ball and chooses to turn his back and stand in his way, but Toney is the player moving and has the option to avoid him, but chooses to jump at him.

To me, that is a foul and is cheating and I don't care what the implications are, if you don't call a cheat a cheat and make him take responsibility for his actions you may as well pack up and go home. Rules are rules and they should be enforced. Apart from anything else it could have crippled O'Connor and players should be deterred from doing it.

If we cannot take the moral high ground, then we cannot ever comp
lain about anything happening off the ball again.

O'Connor said after last night's game that he has a little black book and that Mr Toney is in it and he's looking forward to the return match.

O'Connor said after last night's game that he has a little black book and that Mr Toney is in it and he's looking forward to the return match.

Let’s hope McCoombe comes on in the 95th minute to do it for him as we don’t want MOC sent off after 5 minutes with a 3 match ban to follow.