Tomorrow | Vital Football

Tomorrow

Davidimp

Vital Football Legend
Would have been the start of the season if not for the pandemic, Christ that's early too early!
Not sure if that's true but I'm sure that's what SSN said earlier.

It used to be pretty much the only live football on the box. Eventually, I decided it was over-rated. Our lad's birthday was 7th May, so his (Saturday) birthday party always seemed to be Cup Final day, so I lost the habit of watching. I don't care who wins, so I certainly won't watch.

It used to be pretty much the only live football on the box. Eventually, I decided it was over-rated. Our lad's birthday was 7th May, so his (Saturday) birthday party always seemed to be Cup Final day, so I lost the habit of watching. I don't care who wins, so I certainly won't watch.

I am with you on that one. I am in my 50s and remember there was only a handful of live games on tv every year. The FA Cup final was one, the England v Scotland Home International another and the European Cup Final and sometimes the Cup Winners Cup final another. Even England games were not broadcast live unless it was a crucial qualifier or perhaps a juicy looking friendly. Unless a World Cup or euros were on it was maybe 5 or 6 live games a year, now you can get that in a couple of days and it is easy to overdo it, hence for some The Cup final, which previously had every footy fans watching it, has become just another televised match.

I am with you on that one. I am in my 50s and remember there was only a handful of live games on tv every year. The FA Cup final was one, the England v Scotland Home International another and the European Cup Final and sometimes the Cup Winners Cup final another. Even England games were not broadcast live unless it was a crucial qualifier or perhaps a juicy looking friendly. Unless a World Cup or euros were on it was maybe 5 or 6 live games a year, now you can get that in a couple of days and it is easy to overdo it, hence for some The Cup final, which previously had every footy fans watching it, has become just another televised match.

Agree - alot of anything reduces it’s appeal to some extent.

On a positive note - I think there will be a surge of interest and attendances (when it IS safe to go to matches) for that’s very reason.

Given the option of watching yesterday’s FA cup final or a home game against Wigan or Sheffield Wednesday or Charlton or any other of these “well run” clubs, I think I know what the vast majority in Lincoln would choose.