Tomlin in talks | Vital Football

Tomlin in talks

Apollyon

Vital Football Legend
NEP reporting he's in talks

Not overwhelmed to be fair, but i'll allow it bled.

2 frees in next week and whispers of Soudani signing so a quick start to the transfer window for a change

I'm not sure I want to be here this summer. I'll wait until August the 4th and then see who we've signed.

cant help but think marney is another cohen. 2 knee injuries in the last few years.

not sure what to think of tomlin signing.

I think we've seen the best (vs Reading) and worst (vs Ipswich) of Tomlin and there doesn't seem to be any in between with him. He's either fired up and puts in a good performance or he visibly can't be arsed.

Strikes me as another McGugan but with a bit more natural ability.

Hold on there's a thought, why don't we re-sign McGugan?!?!?!?!

Am assuming Marney is one of the frees but who is the other?

Tomlin is a so-so signing but pretty happy if Soudani comes in although we haven’t the greatest previous history with Algerian players.

Don't understand signing Tomlin.... 29, was on average pretty nothing for us and Cardiff want to recoup a bit whack of the £2.9 they paid for him!

A playmaker is one of those important positions on the pitch and one forest desperately need to sort along with their striking options - why not spend a bit more cash on a younger more consistent player!

You obviously haven't heard about our war chest Will. I suggest you go back a page on the Summer Transfer thread son

Don't understand signing Tomlin.... 29, was on average pretty nothing for us and Cardiff want to recoup a bit whack of the £2.9 they paid for him!

A playmaker is one of those important positions on the pitch and one forest desperately need to sort along with their striking options - why not spend a bit more cash on a younger more consistent player!

The deal Cardiff struck was 2.9m including a load of add on's which have not been met; the amount paid up front was around half of that.

Appears Tomlin is marmite.... personally, I think he's a very good signing & given that he has triggered an automatic pay increase at Cardiff due to their promotion, they are happy to offload.... told we are paying around £1m, but expect to see an extended 3 year contract, with 1 year extension.