Tom Shaw | Vital Football

Tom Shaw

You'd assume some of our youths will be heading there on loan next year.

Does seem to be doing a good job so I hope he's not over reaching doing both.

You'd assume some of our youths will be heading there on loan next year.

Does seem to be doing a good job so I hope he's not over reaching doing both.
It would make perfect sense. I wonder how many they can have on loan at one time and if the youngsters will rotate the loans throughout the season.

Trinity fans probably won't like being an Imps youth side, nor an experiment for our benefit, but I imagine he will try and get them playing in an attractive style so it could work well perchance.

I'd prefer a dedicated youth coach who only works for LCFC.

The youth set-up has produced nothing in decades.

I'm not sure a man with 3 jobs is going to help much with that.

Will blood some young lads into senior football will be a few hiccups but as long as they can work through them i can see it being good for both teams.biggest challenge will be juggling the 3 jobs and the logistics of it

He'll have done a cracking job when youth product gets:

a) sold for profit
b) becomes regular 1st team material

Until then, same old same old.
More to life than money Notty
We’ve had plenty of dross in the 1st team over the years if that’s your only measure of success

Depends on the expectations on how soon people expect to flog the kids on and/or expect 18 yr old lads to be first team regulars

Not really. We've had no product for decades. Tom Shaw now has 3 jobs. How is that going to ensure any useful youth product?

Also, how long has he been in charge?

You've stated he's a "fantastic job". What actual evidence do you have for that?

Personally, aside from the community benefits, I think the youth system is completely pointless.

As it always has been.

Ellis Chapman? Struggling in L2.

Jordan Adebayo-Smith? Somewhere in the US.

Tayo Edun? Promising - didn't come our youth system.

I'll happily concede the point as soon as we get one - just one! - youth player that actually makes the grade.

We didn’t have any “Product” in the first team for decades never mind the youth system that wasn’t in place
If you’d spent less time day dreaming during PE you could of made it !