Tom Pett winning PFA player of the month | Vital Football

Tom Pett winning PFA player of the month

sedgleyimp

Vital Champions League
I know that this award is voted for by fans but still a nice recognition of how well Tom is playing this season. Far better indication of who's doing what than Sky's poo efforts.

Jason Shackell came a creditable second

Pett deserves it. I was very indifferent to him last season but he’s been a revelation this season ?

Definitely well deserved.
I guess our fan base helps on these polls but we didn't do the nominating, that was earned totally by the players' performances.
It was probably the cup game at Vale where we all sat up and noticed Pett. He's kept that starring midfield play up ever since

Pett is a shining example of the judgement of our management team when selecting players to bring in to the club. Most of us fans thought he looked like an average bench warmer last season with a possibility he could have been on his way in the summer via transfer or loan. However now he has had a full close season with the club he has come back a totally new player. We are now witnessing what our management team realised when they signed him. Did they buy him with the hindsight that they probably realised that Woodyard would be gone at the start of this season? He is certainly a more than adequate replacement.

Pett is a shining example of the judgement of our management team when selecting players to bring in to the club. Most of us fans thought he looked like an average bench warmer last season with a possibility he could have been on his way in the summer via transfer or loan. However now he has had a full close season with the club he has come back a totally new player. We are now witnessing what our management team realised when they signed him. Did they buy him with the hindsight that they probably realised that Woodyard would be gone at the start of this season? He is certainly a more than adequate replacement.

I've wondered exactly that. And if so they may have told Pett that he would be Woodyard's replacement in due course...

What we do know for sure is that yet again the Cowleys' knowledge of players and development of players is second to none.

Alex who? As I've said before, he served us extremely well for those two seasons, but Tom has upped the ante.

He's been a revelation to many of us who questioned his signing ; we should have known better. Richly deserved!

Slowly developing a man crush on this lad. What a player, love how he runs and controls games.

Absolutely, Thommo shares your ardour too! Never gets flustered, always looking for a productive pass, and deceptive physical strength for his build.

On that last point, its a noticeable characteristic of this side, the 'smaller/slighter' players can stand up for themselves as much as the big lads, Pett, Andrade, Toffolo all had moments today where they saw off bigger Vale players. Credit to the coaching and conditioning staff.

Well deserved for Tom.

Started the season superbly and let's hope it continues. DC said he was a L1 player soon after we signed him and he's certainly shown that he's a very good L2 one.

Comes across well in interviews, too.

Great player and a wonderful addition to the squad. He has that special confidence when on the ball; becoming our talisman.

It's all been said above, and I agree with it all. Player of the season so far for me.

Your fellow Vital members agree - the current top ten according to the player ratings are:

1. Tom Pett 7.08
2. Scott Wharton 7.06
3. Josh Vickers 6.98
4. Bruno Andrade 6.96
5. Jason Shackell 6.94
6. Michael Bostwick 6.82
7. Michael O'Connor 6.72
8. John Akinde 6.66
9. Shay McCartan 6.56
10. Harry Toffolo 6.52