Tom hopper | Page 2 | Vital Football

Tom hopper

For those unable to see anything from Hopper, he was involved in nearly all our best chances yesterday. Have a look at the highlights and you will see good control and linking play, winning a challenge to provide Anderson with a header clawed away from the top corner and blocking the keepers clearance before being in the box awaiting a better ball from Scully.

Early days but would be advised to put on six stone, grow a beard or dye his hair blonde and should soon become a fans favourite.

Compared to previous games I thought he did well. Involved in all our chances. Yes anything lumped in the air long to him is unlikely to be won but when we played it to his feet or down the sides of the defence he held the ball up most times and brought someone else in to play. Very isolated but still did well in my opinion. Will only get better.

walker was often bashed on here in the lone striker role, but left the club as 2nd top scorer in the league. now it is hopper's turn to be bashed after a handful of games.
i would ask how many chances were created for hopper yesterday, that he messed up? and how many times the three attackers behind him actually ran past him to support in forward areas?

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but I've seen a couple of posts on FB (sp Banter) with headlines you couldn't get any bigger ripping in to the poor chap. Whether you think he's playing well or not I'm not sure how that sort of stuff benefits anybody.

walker was often bashed on here in the lone striker role, but left the club as 2nd top scorer in the league. now it is hopper's turn to be bashed after a handful of games.
i would ask how many chances were created for hopper yesterday, that he messed up? and how many times the three attackers behind him actually ran past him to support in forward areas?
For Walker to have been 2nd in the scoring charts, feeding on limited chances created by us, shows what a good player he is. Slating him was just ridiculous, as is with Hopper after a handful of games.

‘Roll up roll up, the new punch bag for the hard of thinking and clinically retarded, if you can’t quite cut yourself adrift from the Premier League teams you support deep down and want a pantomime Villian to moan about - I give you, Tom Hopper (in lieu of John Akinde)’
Hmmm... I'm not sure it's as black and white as that. I don't think Hopper will receive as many brickbats as JA for some reason...

Hmmm... I'm not sure it's as black and white as that. I don't think Hopper will receive as many brickbats as JA for some reason...

Well unless Hopper does achieve something soon, I'd expect him to get far more criticism than Akinde, and rightly so.

Far too early to judge him yet, but I haven't seen anything good so far. Whether he ends up a good player for us or another Drewe Barrymore remains to be seen.

Well unless Hopper does achieve something soon, I'd expect him to get far more criticism than Akinde, and rightly so.

Far too early to judge him yet, but I haven't seen anything good so far. Whether he ends up a good player for us or another Drewe Barrymore remains to be seen.
Who will be the penalty taker, if John-Jules is absent?

He must have something for so many people to see something in him, including our current and previous manager, and fans of his previous clubs - who are no doubt hyper-critical in general just like here.

For the moment I haven't seen what that is. Time will tell.

The only comment I can even make about him is that he has a strange running style, like a cross between Frasier Crane and Benny Hill.

He must have something for so many people to see something in him, including our current and previous manager, and fans of his previous clubs - who are no doubt hyper-critical in general just like here.

For the moment I haven't seen what that is. Time will tell.

The only comment I can even make about him is that he has a strange running style, like a cross between Frasier Crane and Benny Hill.

Just thought on Saturday when he tried to run he wasn't fully fit, just coming back from a serious injury isn't he ? I remember Tom Pett when he signed in the January transfer window a couple of years back we thought he was another poor Tom Champion, but the next full season he was excellent .