Tom Eaves (just conjecture) | Page 2 | Vital Football

Tom Eaves (just conjecture)

And isn't Agard still just a rumour at the moment?
If no club comes in for Tom, how about a one year contract offer with a sell on clause to go in Jan if the right offer came in? Both parties would, I suspect, be happy with that (Tom would surely rather stay on a lower wage than he's get elsewhere as opposed to no job at all) and any money we get could go towards his replacement. He'd consider himself to be in the shop window so would more likely play out of his skin.

And isn't Agard still just a rumour at the moment?
If no club comes in for Tom, how about a one year contract offer with a sell on clause to go in Jan if the right offer came in? Both parties would, I suspect, be happy with that (Tom would surely rather stay on a lower wage than he's get elsewhere as opposed to no job at all) and any money we get could go towards his replacement. He'd consider himself to be in the shop window so would more likely play out of his skin.
There is absolutely no way that Tom won't have a team soon

Well SL didn't and he still got a hatful of goals - the final two at Blackpool were sublime particularly for a carthorse.

I'm curious as to how many goals you think Eaves would have scored had Lovell set up the team in the way you think he should have.

When you compare his record with the other top scorers last season then his record was on par with all the other strikers whose teams were set up for them. I think the main difference is that if Byrne crosses the ball and Eaves heads over then I mark that as a missed opportunity by Eaves, but you seem to adopt a policy of "if Eaves doesn't score then it must be because no chances were created".

Right. I edited out the word carthorse as people was translating what I meant in a way I didn't intend. I replaced it with the word "targetman" which I hope is not considered a slur on Eaves.

Macauley Bonne just signed for Charlton.

Is he a Tom Eaves style striker?
If so, they may be less likely to be after Big Tom.

Totally unfounded but just heard a rumour that one of the players Evans was in talks with over the weekend was...........Tom Eaves. ??
The source of said rumour is a mate who told me SE was coming long before all the "sightings" at home games but I just ignored it as I didn't want to believe it at the time.
If he pulls this off, I'll officially be an Evans convert.

Totally unfounded but just heard a rumour that one of the players Evans was in talks with over the weekend was...........Tom Eaves. ??
The source of said rumour is a mate who told me SE was coming long before all the "sightings" at home games but I just ignored it as I didn't want to believe it at the time.
If he pulls this off, I'll officially be an Evans convert.

Hope this rumour has legs, would be great.

Agreed but it is just that, a rumour. However, seeing that the thread title is Tom Eaves (Just conjecture) I feel it's appropriate so don't shoot the messenger if it's pony ?

To be fair I was told on Friday by someone in the know that Evans was meeting Eaves this weekend. Whether something happens is one thing, but it is likely they did meet.

That’d really get the fans excited and make a huge statement of intent from SE.
Sell him his vision, offer 18/24mth contract, say stay for our promotion push, if by Xmas/NY we’re seemingly unlikely for a playoff spot, allow him to leave.
Huge amount gained for us in terms of (hopefully) goals, and who knows a small transfer fee if he does leave, and nothing lost!
All hypothetical but we can only but dream!

For a carthorse, Eaves is pretty nippy. Signing for us would be a huge coup. He just needs a 'smash and grab' alongside him to see his full potential

Ooh, my same source tells me there will be a new signing announced tomorrow.

Stand by ...........