Tom Eaves (just conjecture) | Page 3 | Vital Football

Tom Eaves (just conjecture)

For a carthorse, Eaves is pretty nippy. Signing for us would be a huge coup. He just needs a 'smash and grab' alongside him to see his full potential

From the way the QA session went, it would seem that, as it stands, there is little chance of Eaves re-signing. However, football is a fickle game - especially when it comes to signing contracts. I wouldn't rule out Eaves not getting the move or deal he wants and if it drags on over the summer, as he's apparently happily based in Medway, I wouldn't put it past Scally and Evans to make him an offer (both in terms of money and the direction of travel on the pitch), which may tempt him. It would be a great coup in terms of season ticket sales and feel-good factor and surely would reap financial benefits of "bums on seats".

From the way the QA session went, it would seem that, as it stands, there is little chance of Eaves re-signing. However, football is a fickle game - especially when it comes to signing contracts. I wouldn't rule out Eaves not getting the move or deal he wants and if it drags on over the summer, as he's apparently happily based in Medway, I wouldn't put it past Scally and Evans to make him an offer (both in terms of money and the direction of travel on the pitch), which may tempt him. It would be a great coup in terms of season ticket sales and feel-good factor and surely would reap financial benefits of "bums on seats".

For the past 2 weeks I’ve been clinging to that same glimmer of hope that Tom might sign.

But as I posted on the Bowyer thread, he (Bowyer) stated that he was talking to 4 or 5 players that were holding off to see if he was still Charlton manager. And now he has signed for another year he reckons those signings will go ahead this week.

And I rather think Tom will be one of those signings. Bigger money, Championship football and wouldn’t have to move. Tick, tick, tick, bugger!