Toffolo signs - confirmed | Page 3 | Vital Football

Toffolo signs - confirmed

Really good signing, strengthens left side where we've been reliant on Sam and suffering when he's missing or not fully fit - Barrow in the NL, second half of last season. It'll be fascinating to see which of the 2 starts the first league game, it offers options for different formations, ie 3 at the back and use of wing-backs.

Really good signing, strengthens left side where we've been reliant on Sam and suffering when he's missing or not fully fit - Barrow in the NL, second half of last season. It'll be fascinating to see which of the 2 starts the first league game, it offers options for different formations, ie 3 at the back and use of wing-backs.
That's a thought. Toffolo and Eardley bombing on with Bostwick, Frecklington and a.n.other in midfield - could be an option in some games but would need a lot of work on the training ground to get the players 'on method'. If only we had a new training ground to back that tactic up.:yes:

Had a thought about harry toff signing and feel that DC might well play Sam at left back and new harry on left in midfield,it would give decent balance left side.

Toffolo can also play as a left sided CH as he did on some occasions in the past. Sounds quite a versatile player with very good provenance from his previous clubs.

Is there a little hint in the new article on the OS (Harry Toffolo - Five Things You May Not Know)? He says "I played with Michael Bostwick at Peterborough and Harry Anderson and others so to go back to playing with Freck again is something else I’m looking forward to" - 'and others' - has he met other signings from Posh that are yet to be announced?

Is there a little hint in the new article on the OS (Harry Toffolo - Five Things You May Not Know)? He says "I played with Michael Bostwick at Peterborough and Harry Anderson and others so to go back to playing with Freck again is something else I’m looking forward to" - 'and others' - has he met other signings from Posh that are yet to be announced?
interesting thought. 'and others' could also refer to players that he played with in his other loans, or norwich players?? but, of the players on evans' available list; baldwin, jermaine anderson and adil nabi were the only three at posh when toff was there. [it is not going to be marcus maddison!]

others of interest there at the time... lee angol, jack payne, and the keeper ben alnwick.

jermaine anderson was injured during toffolo's loan, but coincidentally they both played for england under 20s that season... although not in the same team, they could have trained together in the england set up.

to put his signing in perspective, two years ago toffolo was in the same england team as rashford.

He was certainly at Norwich at the same time as Sam Habergham, although there is a three to four year age gap. He could be referring to that.