Toffolo signs - confirmed | Page 2 | Vital Football

Toffolo signs - confirmed

Honestly don't know too much about the lad other than what's been posted but looks very promising and fills a left footed gap within the squad. Does look capable of playing slightly higher than Sam also so gives us other options on the pitch

Your kidding me.
He was way off L2 pace last year. Could be the injury, but my guess is he has found his ceiling.
Nope, from what I saw of him he always seemed good enough. Had a couple of injuries which could limit him but I do believe he could do it.

Bruno Andrade says he prefers starting on the left so he can cut in. If Toffolo is as attacking as is said (and he seems to get quite high up the pitch from his clips), we'll have an overlap option with a real goal threat.

Very much looking forward to seeing how this works.

We have desperately needed another left back at the club. Sam's absence during the run in unbalanced the back four and our offensive options badly at a crucial time. This looks like another quality and probably key signing.

Bruno Andrade says he prefers starting on the left so he can cut in. If Toffolo is as attacking as is said (and he seems to get quite high up the pitch from his clips), we'll have an overlap option with a real goal threat.

Very much looking forward to seeing how this works.
if a central midfielder [or even two] that can pass has an overlapping full back on each side that can cross... that is v difficult to defend against.

Definately needed another LB, so this one is pleasing. When Sam was out, it certainly hindered us and closed the pitch on that side. Personally, I think he'll end up as our first choice LB.

He'll know Raggett from Norwich, Margetts from Scunny, Neil Harris at Milwall knows DC and NC well so quite a few connections there.

Another left-footed player was an absolute must, and he is a player who admits to being an attacking wing back - entirely in keeping with the Cowley way.

He was playing for England U20 less than 3 years ago. Looks a terrific signing, particularly on top of Andrade joining.

Having read more on Toffolo's signing he must be a starter. I think in the long run this could be good for Sam as he will raise his game and get opportunities in the Checkatrade for example; importantly he will get the chance to regain full fitness and sharpness without being compromised. We could see a fully revitalised Sam chomping at the bit ready to step in for injury and suspension. If he does and plays well I have no doubt DC would let him keep the shirt.

He's definitely passed the 'no d!ckheads test' with flying colours, his Twitter bio says he's an ambassador for Dementia Freinds, and this is from a Swindon fan posting on 1FF:

I chatted to Toffolo once on Swindon station after we played Scunthorpe (he was on loan with them)

He is a true gent of a guy and when on loan for us did a lot of work in the community. I really hope he’s a success at Lincoln, not a bad player at this level, would definitely have had him back at Swindon.

Definitely not a Ricky Miller.

^^ ''better going forward, than defending"

2014-2015 swindon were top 4 of league one all season. [mini cooper was manager!!]
they played 3 centre backs.
toffolo, 8 assists at 18 years old playing left wingback - looks very high up the pitch from the clips i've seen. played in the league one playoff final.

could he play left wing back in 3-4-3, 3-5-2? eardley on the opposite side.
could habergham play left centre back?

All begs the question what is happening with Sam Habergham,starter or bencher or pushed into leftside of midfield.

Any takers on a good answer to this new scenario developing down our leftside.

It says something about the reputation of the Cowleys that this player has turned down Division 1 clubs to join us I think he will be a superb asset next season.

We have made two real quality signings so far and will really strengthen our squad.

Let us hope our remaining signings are of a similar quality.

UTI

He comes across well in his interview on the OS.

Glad a player has finally mentioned developing under the Cowleys. They have a good record of improving and developing players, regardless of age.