Today's Yes or No Thread | Vital Football

Today's Yes or No Thread

Toon_NoMatterWot

Alert Team
A slightly misleading thread title based on the past history of Talk of the Tyne but considering what shite we're putting up with at the minute, it's most definitely apt.

It's about the Corona 'vaccine'. When it's your turn, are you getting it?

Personally im uncertain due to my suspicious mind and what not but with one of my bairns being in the vulnerable category, we got a text today saying we can book her in this week. We've had all the childhood jabs without as much as one question but with this one there's no end of doubt probably due to social media.

Decisions, decisions.

I'll be getting it, doesn't bother me in the slightest, the in laws and family friends have already had their first dose. If it means things getting back to some degree of normality then I'm up for it.

Was pumped full of various jabs when I joined the forces including Anthrax so one more won't make any difference. Surprised I'm not immunised already with what's floating around in there.

I’ll be getting it when it is eventually offered. Saying that, it will no doubt be autumn by the time I’m offered one. I think it’s a disgrace that they expect people like myself to continue as usual at work yet are shoved to the back of the queue when it comes to vaccination. Surely it would be more efficient to vaccinate the working population first.

I have had it . I would like a holiday when some normality returns, and I fear if you have not had the vaccination countries may not let you in to sample all there history , culture, climate and libations of course .

I'm being vaccinated later this week. I received a text inviting me to book an appointment and took the first available.

cheers lads. The appointments offered are 2 minute slots and there's plenty of them. Each under a clinician A, B, C, etc. Only issue is that it doesn't say which brand of jab. Would prefer the Oxford one if anything.

I will have it as soon as possible. I had loads of vaccinations when I was working out in SE Asia. Get the flu jab every year. Why wouldn't you?

Yep I'll be getting the jab as soon as they say I can . Had Covid and was luckily not too bad with it though it was fucking horrible for a few days . I trust my doctor he's so clever that he was able to take my temperature with his rectal thermometer whilst both his hands were on my shoulders .

When I saw the title of the thread it reminded me of the glory days gone by.Shame on the author of this misleading thread. Any chance of some nice pics of Lily James.Cameran Diaz or Kate Beckinsale to liven things up a bit ?

It didn't really work as a thread (although was always good to see) as most of us would just go ...yes...yes....yes...yes..

I will have it when offered. Crave some return to normality. Although as OM says will probably be the autumn before I get offered it

I don’t want to sound harsh or self-centred in any way, but I really do think OM has a point here. I saw on the telly the other day paramedics going to some 86 year old’s house to administer the jab. “Eeeee. I didn’t think I’d get it as quick as I’m more or less housebound”. More or less housebound?! So why do you need the vaccine ahead of me - a 55 year old with asthma forced to go to work by his employer? Once care homes were sorted (and they are in England), surely it makes more sense to get those 40-65 year olds still working and more vulnerable than younger workers vaccinated before some near housebound 86 year old who, comparatively speaking, is safe as houses?

I’ll be due my jab round about end of April I think. That’s April 2021 btw OM - not 2022 or 2023 like your average EU citizen 😉

Last edited:
A slightly misleading thread title based on the past history of Talk of the Tyne but considering what shite we're putting up with at the minute, it's most definitely apt.

It's about the Corona 'vaccine'. When it's your turn, are you getting it?

Personally im uncertain due to my suspicious mind and what not but with one of my bairns being in the vulnerable category, we got a text today saying we can book her in this week. We've had all the childhood jabs without as much as one question but with this one there's no end of doubt probably due to social media.

Decisions, decisions.
"there's no end of doubt probably due to social media" 😂😂😂

Nowt to do with 40,000 plus doctors and scientists then !

Yep I'll be getting the jab as soon as they say I can . Had Covid and was luckily not too bad with it though it was fucking horrible for a few days . I trust my doctor he's so clever that he was able to take my temperature with his rectal thermometer whilst both his hands were on my shoulders .

Pmsl btw

I don’t want to sound harsh or self-centred in any way, but I really do think OM has a point here. I saw on the telly the other day paramedics going to some 86 year old’s house to administer the jab. “Eeeee. I didn’t think I’d get it as quick as I’m more or less housebound”. More or less housebound?! So why do you need the vaccine ahead of me - a 55 year old with asthma forced to go to work by his employer? Once care homes were sorted (and they are in England), surely it makes more sense to get those 40-65 year olds still working and more vulnerable than younger workers vaccinated before some near housebound 86 year old who, comparatively speaking, is safe as houses?

I’ll be due my jab round about end of April I think. That’s April 2021 btw OM - not 2022 or 2023 like your average EU citizen 😉
Have to say I think the same as well. I'm ok as I can wfh, apart from the utter insanity of being at home with the wife and kids for nearly 12 months now. I have several mates who have no option other than to go to work. One works in a factory that covid tore through, somehow he managed to avoid it. Why 80+ year olds who can stay at home are a priority over those who have to work beats me. Its not like they can go out even when they have had the vaccine

I’m waiting for the new stat every night on BBC news - those that have died after a vaccination within 28 days - of OLD AGE!

The problem what I see from my perspective is: old people are obviously more vulnerable to this virus (as all others). Now what do you call old? Over 70, over 80? I'm 70 and while I don't think myself as old, there's a lot more sand in the bottom of the egg timer of life than in the top. The older generation who get the virus are clogging up the hospitals because their immune systems can't fight it like a young healthy person. It's had a devastating effect on so many others waiting for operations, assessments for underlying problems of all ages. From the data that is in general circulation it appears that young people who are normally healthy have nothing to worry about and most will not know they've had it, it's those with underlying problems. The definition of 'worker', dentist, Amazon delivery driver, taxi driver, policeman, teacher, the list goes on. All do admirable jobs in their own way but who would be first and who decides who. I wouldn't like to make that decision

The problem what I see from my perspective is: old people are obviously more vulnerable to this virus (as all others). Now what do you call old? Over 70, over 80? I'm 70 and while I don't think myself as old, there's a lot more sand in the bottom of the egg timer of life than in the top. The older generation who get the virus are clogging up the hospitals because their immune systems can't fight it like a young healthy person. It's had a devastating effect on so many others waiting for operations, assessments for underlying problems of all ages. From the data that is in general circulation it appears that young people who are normally healthy have nothing to worry about and most will not know they've had it, it's those with underlying problems. The definition of 'worker', dentist, Amazon delivery driver, taxi driver, policeman, teacher, the list goes on. All do admirable jobs in their own way but who would be first and who decides who. I wouldn't like to make that decision
Certainly not a decision I would like to make tbh. Someone at some point will have to decide what is an acceptable number of deaths from this thing a year as its not going to get wiped out. Somehow we need to work out how to live with it.

The worst I have seen of this is someone I know where him and his Mrs got it. Then his parents (in their 60s with underlying health issues) got it and it killed them both. Saw him last week and although he's passed the worst of the virus he looks and sounds like he has just run a marathon. It's a real nasty virus