Today's Transfer Tittle Tattle | Vital Football

Today's Transfer Tittle Tattle

MadAmster

Vital Squad Member
Daily Fail - Aima from Chelsea on loan. He is a right back.

Also a rumour of Joe Bryan, 24 year old
Bristol City left back (but can play left or centre midfield).
Derby want to buy him for cash plus Craig Forsyth according to
Alan Nixon in the Mirror so it must be true..................... NOT

Well we have signed Tomori on loan who is a centre back i think?

There is no way we will get Bryan, he will only move to a prem club.

I did say the Bryan business was a rumour, as are most things you pick up from the press.... especially when it's Alan bleedin' Nixon in the Mirror.

I don't recall a single thing he has got right about us.

Also that fount of journalistic truth AKA HITC has come up with...............

MARCUS MADDISON, 24, left or right wing (can also play as a centre forward)

According to a report on TeamTalk, Derby County, Middlesbrough and Aston Villa are all
chasing Marcus Maddison. Maddison has been left out of Peterborough United’s pre-season
tour, and he did not feature in Steve Evans’ side first game of the season, amid speculation
over his future.

Maddison is understood to be valued at £2.5 million by Posh, with Darragh MacAnthony
telling the player that he would sell him to a Championship side this summer, following
Peterborough’s failure to get promoted last season.

Villa, Middlesbrough and Derby are now all keen to bring in the League One assist-king.
Preston North End and Wigan Athletic are also said to be keen on Maddison by TeamTalk.

UNQUOTE

Now, I usually pooh pooh anything from HITC. However, this one seems to have some logic behind it. Marriott scored a boatload at Posh last season. Posh's assist provider in chief was Maddison. The 2 of them have a proven track record. Keeping that partnership together is not a bad idea.

Having said that, we already have Lawrence, Bennett, Jozefzoon, Wilson and Thomas for the 2 wide spots available. A 6th is, IMO, unnecessary.

8 in already, is #9 imminent?

Two blogs (The 72 and Iron-Bru) saying Scunny MF, Duane Holmes is at Moor Farm for a medical this afternoon......

Well, can't say FL hasn't been backed. They're proper going for it, could be exciting, could cripple us, all or nothing it is! Lots of pressure on FL now, can he handle it?

If nothing else, I look forward to seeing a new Derby County, rather than the same old tired faces. Good luck all

Latest Rams News