Todays tactics | Page 2 | Vital Football

Todays tactics

Benitez threw that fucking game today, highly unprofessional! We know Newcastle are shit but fuck me, THAT starting XI...........really?

As for gobshite Lascelles, if he was half as good as his mouth, there woukd be a canny defender there.

Pie when Rafa goes someone else takes his place and it's the same shit.
Things will only change when the fat **** leaves.It will have to be leave because he won't be forced out.

Pie when Rafa goes someone else takes his place and it's the same shit.
Things will only change when the fat **** leaves.It will have to be leave because he won't be forced out.

marky i'm 100% always going to respect a die hard supporter like yourself mate and totally get your point about the owners culpability.

Like him or loathe him Benitez is undoubtedly a highly skilled manager.

When he does eventually fuck off to his next project, who will Ashley employ that could have the 50,000 united and singing one name in unison as they do now ?

Even If he does manage to pull someone out of the hat, won't that person be just as liable to blame for the ongoing rape ?

Ashley can't do it all on his own anymore,.

Pie I agree with a lot of what you say.I just don't think anything will happen when Benitez goes.I don't think 52000 will have to chant the name of the new manager either.This gullible lot could take any manager and they will find hope in the appointment.
A lot of lads on here,yourself included that don't go anymore,will agree that the fat twat would not of lasted this long when we went.We decided not to go,this lot can't even sacrifice a few games for the good of the club.
As for Benitez,for 4m or 6m a year whatever the figure,I would see my contract out as well.He is not Keegan.The 52000 should have played holy hell when he was fucked over.Not threaten it when Benitez goes.

Nobody defending Lascelles today? Funny that. A bit like his footballing ability.

I wouldn’t wish him on the Mackems. He makes Bramble look like a cross between Nesta and Cannavaro.

Nobody defending Lascelles today? Funny that. A bit like his footballing ability.

I wouldn’t wish him on the Mackems. He makes Bramble look like a cross between Nesta and Cannavaro.

This is you all over...

Just out to score petty points on a message board rather than having the intellect to add anything of any substance

The fact you STILL have a signature from years ago defending a player (but more significantly attempting to belittle another poster) who has wasted his talent at virtually every club he's been at says it all

You know the club is massively under invested, you disagree with Benitez negative tactics but here you are trying single out a bloke who was last seasons player of the year

For what it's worth I don't think Lascelles has been as bad as you are trying to make out - yesterday for the first he got to a defensive header in the danger zone (which by nature generally go fucking anywhere) it might not have been the best of headers but where was the marking to cover Lovens coming into the box? The lot of them stood and watched and he had all the time in the world to get his shot off

So aye - I'll defend him - he is playing no better or worse than any of the other cheap buys we have playing for us

Last edited:

It's no secret that Lascelles has struggled with the managers new system OM,he's publicly stated so himself.
My opinion is that he's a decent player who will improve.

He's not the only player we have that's been raffaerd.

The squad is poor but Benitez is either continually trying to make a point or on the downward slide as a Manager. Seems to me he gives up on a lot of games blaming it on the a squad he has.. He is negative more than positive on tactics and has his favourites.
Fans must be amazed at some of his team selections. Constantly playing Perez, Diameter, Manquillo , Atsu and ignoring Murphy, Roberts, Longstaff.
Ok he has had no money but surely he could have come up with better than Joselu, Manquillo, Hayden. Would you trust him with big money?
He has threatened but it's like cring wolf, if he does not like the hand he is being dealt then get out.

This is you all over...

Just out to score petty points on a message board rather than having the intellect to add anything of any substance

The fact you STILL have a signature from years ago defending a player (but more significantly attempting to belittle another poster) who has wasted his talent at virtually every club he's been at says it all

You know the club is massively under invested, you disagree with Benitez negative tactics but here you are trying single out a bloke who was last seasons player of the year

For what it's worth I don't think Lascelles has been as bad as you are trying to make out - yesterday for the first he got to a defensive header in the danger zone (which by nature generally go fucking anywhere) it might not have been the best of headers but where was the marking to cover Lovens coming into the box? The lot of them stood and watched and he had all the time in the world to get his shot off

So aye - I'll defend him - he is playing no better or worse than any of the other cheap buys we have playing for us

And he’s here yet again (Mcdreary replying to me). Listen mate. You’re a Jaffa and if I said the sky was black you’d say it was white. The fact you’re defending Lascelles proves my point. You follow me about like the ginger Smithers looking **** that you are but can’t acutally raise a point to my post.

Lascelles is shit. You’re a Jaffa. Two facts in life.

Last edited:
And yes, my mate who is a Forest fan knows they robbed us of 10 million for two clowns. I did say this though at the time. That’s a third fact.

Can the person who told me I was wrong please step forward? (the one who also believed Obertan was better than Ben Arfa)

And he’s here yet again (Mcdreary replying to me). Listen mate. You’re a Jaffa and if I said the sky was black you’d say it was white. The fact you’re defending Lascelles proves my point. You follow me about like the ginger Smithers looking **** that you are but can’t acutally raise a point to my post.

Jaffa?

Didn't Lascelles make two vital blocks near the end of the Fulham game. I think he's a confidence player and is just lacking a bit at the moment. Having Lejeune back alongside him will help.

Just to add a bit of context to the stupidity of this reply...

Earlier on in this thread he posted.....

"Captain Fantastic proving once again that his supporters are idiots"

Let that playground statement sink in a little while - what he is saying is that anyone who doesn't agree with him is an idiot.

Because nobody nibbled at that particular statement he was so desperate for the opportunity for him to be right (therefore someone else to be wrong) he found it necessary to ask the question "Nobody defending Lascelles today?"

Then when he actually gets a reply that he doesn't like he resorts to weird, childish insults like the one above

I wonder how many others have noticed that the vast majority of his posts have to have a target?

Just about all of his opinions are put over as fact and if anyone opposes his opinions they are ***** or idiots or sheep or other insults

What a thoroughly unpleasant little man

Last edited:
Tactics and team selection were a disgrace. Should be thrown out of the league for that. Down to Benitez trying to do what Ashley asks and keep us up on the cheap. As for Judas Lascelles he is rubbish. Cost us at least 5 goals personally this year. Poor mans Steven Taylor. I was watching the game last night and realized we haven't got a player on our books who would get in West Hams side, never mind Liverpool. Nevertheless we should have showed a bit of Geordie pride and had a proper go against the dippers. That's what KK or SBR would have done.