Today's Stats - Millers v Chairboys | Vital Football

Today's Stats - Millers v Chairboys

Stats look ok, other than the scoreline! They just cover up the fact that we continue to make careless defensive errors, and are pretty useless in front of goal. Looks like George Hirst will get through the season without scoring a goal - I think that Kayode would have done better than that! Also, we might as well give some of the young lads a try now, at least as subs, as they are likely to be needed in the first team next season, once our "superstars" and loan players have departed.

Last edited:
I think after the pen miss on Friday (and the dreadful hair cut - what on earth is that about) Smithy could have done with a goal today.

On paper it looked like a really strong bench for today's game but did any of them actually come make us look better when they came on? Are we a team who can only play well when we are winning?

I do think Crooks is a much better player when he plays just behind Smith. I can't get why we haven't got another left-back in, Wiles tried his best but .... I also didn't think Viktor looked his best today. And we hardly saw Harding.

Whether it was the pressure (it’s only going to get worse) as PW says I don’t know, but we looked lacking in confidence - Viktor (a goalie has nowhere to hide) was not the gung-ho goalie we’ve seen recently, several players went awol and the rest were below par.

C’mon lads we need best effort and commitment at least!