Today's Programme notes from Levy. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Today's Programme notes from Levy.

I read that as well Gary .
Now that is what I call thanking the fans . Giving a gesture . Doing something for them that they will actually appreciate .

well done Burnley .

We , on the other hand , direct attention to our work with Charities and the NHS .
Very important as that may be , don’t get me wrong , we still charged more than any other club for admittance .
Sixty pounds !
Now that is focusing on the fan base !

The NHS and charity work is all a smoke screen. Even the biggest crooks in the world get involved with charities. Perfect cover story to suit ones agenda.

The NHS and charity work is all a smoke screen. Even the biggest crooks in the world get involved with charities. Perfect cover story to suit ones agenda.

The old adage Charity begins at home comes to mind; I wouldn't be as churlish as to condemn our NHS and covid efforts as PR stunts as I know the employees all wanted it to happen, got behind it and at its height also took great personal risks in doing so.

For that, (when many other clubs could have done so much more) I am grateful and proud of their collective efforts.

Clubs should be more than just places for fans to criticize, appreciate etc What events have told us is that clubs still need to be firmly rooted in the communities they exist in, and for the most part we do that better than most and we dedicate significant resources to making sure it works.

That said, we could have done so much better last night and I blame much of what we've got wrong lately on Levi Harris our supporter liason officer, who seems particularly nondescript and probably without much authority to do anything meaningful.

The club needs a complete review of its engagement with fans and to restructure so that it can keep up to date with the pulse of the community and of course the fans.

last night was a classic own goal - which mirrored the action on the pitch with the same disastrous consequences.

Perhaps today the club will think about that, but somehow I doubt it.

But it has been a common issue for many years. Levi Harris is just one small cog in the same machine.

Spurs fans know that our ticket prices will be some of the highest in the league regardless of where we are as a team.

Spurs fans know the herculean efforts it takes to earn loyalty points, whilst knowing it won't take much for the club to take them away.

Spurs fans know we will get treated like customer reference numbers (and nothing more) instead of life-long followers of a club they love.

Spurs fans know that if there is a chance to exploit their loyalty, the club will snatch the opportunity without a second thought.

The sterile, corporate world the club currently operates in will never mix well with the high-emotion nature of the sport. Levy knows business and off the pitch I cannot fault the work he has done, but football needs a different approach and the way a club treats its fans will always be a foundation for what happens on the pitch.

But it has been a common issue for many years. Levi Harris is just one small cog in the same machine.

Spurs fans know that our ticket prices will be some of the highest in the league regardless of where we are as a team.

Spurs fans know the herculean efforts it takes to earn loyalty points, whilst knowing it won't take much for the club to take them away.

Spurs fans know we will get treated like customer reference numbers (and nothing more) instead of life-long followers of a club they love.

Spurs fans know that if there is a chance to exploit their loyalty, the club will snatch the opportunity without a second thought.

The sterile, corporate world the club currently operates in will never mix well with the high-emotion nature of the sport. Levy knows business and off the pitch I cannot fault the work he has done, but football needs a different approach and the way a club treats its fans will always be a foundation for what happens on the pitch.

You would think that would be true. And we would like it to be true.

Sports franchises are now investments. The people that drive the most revenue directly are the ones that are listened to.

You would think that would be true. And we would like it to be true.

Sports franchises are now investments. The people that drive the most revenue directly are the ones that are listened to.

It isn't much to ask for though. A sports franchise that respects its fanbase and treats them like humans should help the bottom line, surely?

Just the example of how each "big 6" spoke to their fans after withdrawing from the ESL plans said SO much. All the other clubs apologised, but Spurs essentially said "we're sorry YOU had a problem with it."

Or sticking the fans up in the nosebleeds last night so the sponsors on the seat covers could still be seen on TV!

Sports franchises DO NOT need to conduct themselves in this way. Plenty don't and it doesn't impact the business.

It isn't much to ask for though. A sports franchise that respects its fanbase and treats them like humans should help the bottom line, surely?

Just the example of how each "big 6" spoke to their fans after withdrawing from the ESL plans said SO much. All the other clubs apologised, but Spurs essentially said "we're sorry YOU had a problem with it."

Or sticking the fans up in the nosebleeds last night so the sponsors on the seat covers could still be seen on TV!

Sports franchises DO NOT need to conduct themselves in this way. Plenty don't and it doesn't impact the business.

Sticking us in the nosebleeds was I suggest more do with crowd mitigation than 'just' getting money in from sponsors; there were a lot of nervous bodies about how events might turn last night, fortunately, nothing got as nasty as some had been urging it to.

Fans have been exploited since the creation of the PL, it's the nature of the beast, Spurs are not alone in this. It's a common gripe you hear all over the PL, that said at times we are worst than some ..

The trouble is Matic in keys posts we've stuffed them with Levi's, if you want a dynamic organisation that expounds the best possible standards and messages, and to make a statement of leadership it starts with getting the best you can into these key roles, if we want cultural change as an organisation, we have to get rid of the 'good enough' practice that the club continuously exudes. It's a reflection of mediocre thinking.

And I should have added, leadership.

Last edited:
Sticking us in the nosebleeds was I suggest more do with crowd mitigation than 'just' getting money in from sponsors; there were a lot of nervous bodies about how events might turn last night, fortunately, nothing got as nasty as some had been urging it to.

Fans have been exploited since the creation of the PL, it's the nature of the beast, Spurs are not alone in this. It's a common gripe you hear all over the PL, that said at times we are worst than some ..

So they tried to control potential crowd issues by pissing them off more? Honestly, you can't make it up sometimes.

Of course Spurs fans are not the only exploited fans, but we are nearly always one of the worst, not just 'at times'.

The trouble is Matic in keys posts we've stuffed them with Levi's, if you want a dynamic organisation that expounds the best possible standards and messages, and to make a statement of leadership it starts with getting the best you can into these key roles, if we want cultural change as an organisation, we have to get rid of the 'good enough' practice that the club continuous exudes. It's a reflection of mediocre thinking.

Absolutely!!!

I don't know the ins and outs of the entire structure at Spurs, but if it is like most big companies these days, I'm guessing it is bloated by middle-management and key roles are filled by 'career climbers' who are, as you say, "good enough".

So they tried to control potential crowd issues by pissing them off more? Honestly, you can't make it up sometimes.

Of course Spurs fans are not the only exploited fans, but we are nearly always one of the worst, not just 'at times'.

Absolutely!!!

I don't know the ins and outs of the entire structure at Spurs, but if it is like most big companies these days, I'm guessing it is bloated by middle-management and key roles are filled by 'career climbers' who are, as you say, "good enough".

Put it this way, many look 'bang average' to me, but then maybe I'm being unfair, without dynamic leadership why should we expect them to do better for the fans than they are?

If you want to know why we fail repeatedly go to the 5th episode of the Amazon documentary time 2:50.

After the "board" meeting Levy goes onto explain how difficult a transfer is to execute.

Transfers to and from SPURS are difficult.