Today's League One Match Thread (16/01/2021) | Vital Football

Today's League One Match Thread (16/01/2021)

Really surprising that ours is the only match off due to COVID at the moment given the new testing protocol. Good news although presumable some teams will be impacted to some degree.

C6FB8D51-60C1-4C89-B4D3-B331650C1C4E.png

As results to watch the NTT20 guys picked out:

Posh v MKD (MKD decent current form which is better than league position plus 1-1 in reverse fixture a month ago) and

Swindon v Doncaster (not the same teams as pre-Jan - good business so far by Swindon and Doncaster lost Whitman).

With the bad weather including heavy snow forecast for today, could have some games called off. Accrington prime candidates atm. At the very least will make difficult playing conditions

Hope Wimbledon win, not that Sunderland are challenging. Had a virtual drink with a Dons fan yesterday who was very complementary about us. Some diehard Dons bloggers have tipped us for automatics. Bizarrely when I mentioned the name Mick Harford to him Siri on my phone got triggered :unsure:

The rest of the top 6 have winnable games on paper.

Would be good to see Akinde (pen) turn up today and put the brakes on Accrington's good run.

Unfortunately, Coleman has told Evans that he can only play youth teamers and it is in the rules and it isn't fair on Accrington if they don't; so it may not go Gillingham's way.

I'm expecting the top ten teams to have a good day today looking at the fixtures. The race for the top six should bunch up even more. Only one team can be top at close of play though.

Slightly off topic, but I looked at the L2 fixtures to see who Bolton was playing today for Elbow first game for them.
I see Cods are home to Southend, by eck it will be melt down in fishy land if they loose today.

Slightly off topic, but I looked at the L2 fixtures to see who Bolton was playing today for Elbow first game for them.
I see Cods are home to Southend, by eck it will be melt down in fishy land if they loose today.

A double disaster in the offing: a melt-down would spoil all the fish!*

*not that they can currently export it. :grinning: