Today's League One Match Thread (13/02/2021) | Page 7 | Vital Football

Today's League One Match Thread (13/02/2021)

Crazy day.

Steve Evans tries to get their game called off and ends up winning, Doncaster have now experienced both sides of the double penalty miss coin, Northampton have now failed to score in 8 of their last 10 games, Burton are suddenly right back in the mix for survival, Ipswich get to Shrewsbury as it's postponed, Swindon apparently refuse to rearrange their postponed game for tomorrow and Hull have now not scored in 5(?) games.

On Hull, given the obvious premise that top teams win more games, you'd have to say that they're currently a lower PO side in terms of points given they've played two or three games more than others. A positive result for us but probably doesn't change *that* much - we still have Portsmouth and Posh close-by, as well as Doncaster despite their loss today.

MK a very strange side. It's clear why we have taken 3 players from them as all their players are good on the ball, including the keeper, but they seem to treat the game as an extension of a training session.

Pass the ball around pleasantly between them but, unlike us, take an awful long time to move forward.

They had around 60% possession at Hull today and Hull faded badly towards the end. That said the Hull centre back missed an absolute sitter 5 minutes from time.

The MK centre midfielder Fraser looked a really good player, if a bit one-paced

Not quite sure why I want Huddersfield to fail dismally, but somehow I do.

Pretty easy I would say.

I have held the view that they should be found guilty of financial misconduct (for no good reason) then relegated to the Northern Premier and that would be too good for them, decades before the Cowleys moved to the pit of shit McAlpine or whatever its called this week.

Hull are falling apart, just as they did last season. Their form is incredible, especially considering that McCann was named MOM for January.

They have now played 28 games, and were 4 points clear of the rest after 14 games. But look at their record since then:

First 14 games: P14 W11 D0 L3 Pts33 - title-winning form
Second 14 games: P14 W4 D4 L6 Pts16 - relegation form

I can see a change of manager imminent, and at Charlton and Ipswich. I wonder which one DC will get?

Hull are falling apart, just as they did last season. Their form is incredible, especially considering that McCann was named MOM for January.

They have now played 28 games, and were 4 points clear of the rest after 14 games. But look at their record since then:

First 14 games: P14 W11 D0 L3 Pts33 - title-winning form
Second 14 games: P14 W4 D4 L6 Pts16 - relegation form

I can see a change of manager imminent, and at Charlton and Ipswich. I wonder which one DC will get?
Think DCNC are holding out for Ipswich. Would be a great fit for both parties.

The split between home and away games played is interesting:

Lincoln 13/13
Hull 14/14
Peterborough 13/13
Portsmouth 15/11
Doncaster 13/12
Sunderland 14/13
Charlton 13/15
Accrington 13/11
Plymouth 15/13
Oxford 11/14

Portsmouth and Charlton's away form is far better than home - good news for one, bad for the other.