Today’s game. | Vital Football

Today’s game.

octopus

Vital Squad Member
Interested to get feedback from those at the game today but sounded very drab on ifollow.

Any grounds for optimism at all?

I didnt go (not a fan of Evans) but I expect ".. .....we battered them" , ".......only one team should have won that game"", " ... the referee was diabolical" etc etc

Bit Pessimistic gents, the Everton player was the difference, wind not helpful, sent attack minded players on, what can you do lost

Couldn’t string more than 2 passes together, only shot on goal was the goal itself and priestfield was deader than I’ve ever seen it. Embarrassing. Everyone laughs at the Palace ultras but I would way much rather that than the morgue atmosphere of today. UTG

Not expecting that,all the hype from Evans and players dish out that crap.thankfully had Bonham or would have been 4 or 5,Heaven knows what Evans going to say at press conference,think they will be in training tomorrow as punishment

Nobody seemed to want to make themselves available for the ball and sometimes in defence we far outnumbered them, but still failed to mark. There was no thought or reading of the game.

I left thinking that it could have been worse. We were good for the first ten minutes but fell deeper as Burton started passing us off the park. We gifted 2 goals late as we were guilty (again) of ball watching. Burton look close to the finished article but we still looked a work in progress. We clearly have some good players but they just didn't gel as a team today.
In theory we can only get better.

Too early to judge for me especially with the weather.

Too much long ball for me - just stupid in the wind.

List disappointing as sub - he needs to use his pace to make runs into space not always come to the ball. Mandron did nothing for me and looks like another Parker. His signing looks like a panic one to me to stop him going elsewhere.

I though Jones looked good at the back and Fuller was his usual solid self. Bonham looks a capable replacement for Holy.

Nothing to get excited about and I hope that's just a one off.

Did anyone hear the crowd ? PA in the Rainham End was as useless as our attacking play.

Very poor, turned around first half and bad conditions nothing encouraging whatsoever........early days though ??

Very poor no point in playing hoofball in that wind and against two centrebacks who towered over our front line

more worrying was the lack of a plan B and the midfield who couldn't string two decent passes together

Too early to judge for me especially with the weather.

Too much long ball for me - just stupid in the wind.

List disappointing as sub - he needs to use his pace to make runs into space not always come to the ball. Mandron did nothing for me and looks like another Parker. His signing looks like a panic one to me to stop him going elsewhere.

I though Jones looked good at the back and Fuller was his usual solid self. Bonham looks a capable replacement for Holy.

Nothing to get excited about and I hope that's just a one off.

Did anyone hear the crowd ? PA in the Rainham End was as useless as our attacking play.
4682 and yes the PA system was useless in the GRS as well.

So he sent out Raynor to make the excuses. Nice one.

Fuck this, I want Hess back. At least if we lost, you could pretend it was Angelos Epithemiou.

I'm optimistic. Yes, the ball was far too much in the air today in windy conditions. I thought Burton were a good side and had more chances to score, penalty miss etc. Our keeper looked very good today and I thought Fuller, as always was excellent. Most of the new boys looked ok (shame Cisse went off) but I don't know where our goals are going to come from. Thought our no.19 looks like Kevin Hart.

Bloody hell. Peter Parker can be a bit glass half empty but it’s looks like he was understating it!

Cisse went off as he gifted Burton possession twice and looked pedestrian most of the time. I'm really surprised Charles Cook didn't feature at all seeing he he got rave reviews at Doncaster. I thought we looked solid defensively but fucking awful going forward. These three signings we're after have to happen, striker, attacking midfielder and left back needed.

Cisse went off as he gifted Burton possession twice and looked pedestrian most of the time. I'm really surprised Charles Cook didn't feature at all seeing he he got rave reviews at Doncaster. I thought we looked solid defensively but fucking awful going forward. These three signings we're after have to happen, striker, attacking midfielder and left back needed.
RCC picked up a knock midweek apparently

You can hear a pin drop at Priestfield home games. I was so bored with the dead atmosphere I was telling the Burton full back who looked like Jesus (good player) to get a haircut as he took throw ins, just to try and liven the place up a bit. Sad state of affairs.

Classic insults. I approve of all haircut insults to footballers.