Today's FA Cup Match Thread | Vital Football

Today's FA Cup Match Thread

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
As it stands:

Sheffield United 0-0 Arsenal (BT Sport 1)

Later:

16:00: Leicester City v Chelsea (BT Sport 1)

18:30: Newcastle United v Manchester City (BBC One)

Arsenal 1-0 up thanks to Pépé scoring from the penalty spot in the 25th minute.

Arsenal 1-0 up thanks to Pépé scoring from the penalty spot in the 25th minute.

McGoldrick scored to make it 1-1 in the 87th minute, but Ceballos scored in the 1st minute of stoppage time to put Arsenal back ahead.

I had 4/1 Arsenal win Lacazete score.
Sums my luck up, he's done for the pen and is off the pitch and can't take it! :slap:

So as it stands Arsenal and Man U in the semi's...........let's hope Leicester and Newcastle can prevail later as a 'top 6' semi final list ( ie 4 from the North London, Mancs, Chelsea or liverpool) will be just be tedious based upon their usual matches

Watching Newcastle v Man City worry the no fake crowd noise option.

Much better than the canned crowd noise but some of the football, Newcastle in particular, it does feel like a Sunday league game transposed to a large stadium.

And Andy Carroll really is a poor man's Matt Rhead :lol:

Watching Newcastle v Man City worry the no fake crowd noise option.

Much better than the canned crowd noise but some of the football, Newcastle in particular, it does feel like a Sunday league game transposed to a large stadium.

And Andy Carroll really is a poor man's Matt Rhead :lol:
He's got a lot more hair.

So the semi's are ManU- Chelsea and Arsenal-ManC

I suppose a Mancs derby might be interesting as a final just for the novelty of it but otherwise I might not bother with the final this year which would be the first FA Cup final I've not seen at least part of it live since 1974

Playing the semis at Wembley aren’t they. Same as the play-offs, not sure why to be honest, makes no sense to me

Playing the semis at Wembley aren’t they. Same as the play-offs, not sure why to be honest, makes no sense to me

It actually makes more sense this year with the covid restrictions and no fans. Easier to arrange rather than say Villa Park/Hillsborough. I always thought that Wembley should only be used for finals. Used to be a massive game, the FA Cup final, but less so nowadays because of the semis being at Wembley ( plus the Premier league moneymen playing down its importance)