Todays Deadline - In Talks | Vital Football

Todays Deadline - In Talks

Interesting to see how this pans out.
OO quoted in the Gggeerrrzzettttttte on Tuesday:

“We are currently talking to potential investors who have expressed an interest in buying the club. “But as you might expect, one or two have been less than serious. So I have to sift out the chancers, and assure myself that any future investor must have the best interests of the club at heart and have sufficient funds to not only buy the club but also to develop it further and have ambition to move up the leagues and back to the Premier League.” Asked if it is finally time to relinquish control, Oyston added: “I have put so much of my life and money into this football club, which means so much to me. “I have to ask myself: do I really want to do this? But it is being considered.” Oyston confirmed the options of selling the whole club or leasing out the stadium were both being considered. Asked if an option was to sell the club to Belokon, Oyston repeated his claim that the Latvian is not interested in the football club and simply wants the money. Addressing concerns that the football club may cease to trade, Oyston said: “It’s been made more difficult by the court’s freezing order and we’ve had to make some changes to reduce costs. “I’m financing it from my own personal funds, so the football club will be able to continue trading.”

I wonder what the odds are for Harry Kane scoring a double hat trick against Sweden on Saturday? :grinning:

Dave - those quotes were from a meeting that O had with the FPG two months ago. A lot can happen in two months, including the deadline for his assets going to auction and no buyers willing to pay his valuations for the club or other assets.